Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far, this is the best thread title of the year.

124»

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    I found out Dear Prudence is played in drop D, so trying to learn how to do the picking pattern for that. Could take the rest of the year...
    Trying to maintain a consistent alternating thumb - 5-4, 6-4, 5-4 - is a bitch. It's so basic, but it's freakin' hard. I'm marginally better than I was a few months ago, but I feel like my progress is creeping along v-e-r-y slowly.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
    Tonight, Simon and Tilda are going to see another of those godawful all children's plays. Not sure what I will do. Probably go to the gym and try to burn enough calories to drink extra wine.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
    edited March 10
    Yeah, that's a bitch. I learned it by zonking out in front of the TV whith a guitar in my hands, going at it while my mind was busy elsewhere. Now it's second nature.
    Maybe someday it’ll be second nature to me. Maybe learning guitar rather late in life will help delay dementia for a few years.
    I started playing in my teens, but it was all power chords and pentatonic scales until I was well in my thirties. I still suck, but I suck a bit less.
    edited March 11
    You know what fucks my shit right up? Say you finger a C major in the first position. Now, if you also put your pinky on the fourth fret of the B string, you make a C minor (it's a flat third, people call that the blue note). To me, doing that while fingering a C major cleanly enough to play fingerstyle is a pain, literally. Doing that stretch hurts, and I still don't have it down, although I've been practicing it for months now.
    Going to Reno tomorrow. I just figured out that the reason I can’t find my suitcase is because ex took it.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,588
    Get yourself a 3/4 guitar.