Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get yourself a 3/4 guitar.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,569
    edited March 23
    Yeah, dude. I'm too much of a coward to use the word love, so I'll just say that I wove you, man. No homo.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    Thanks, fellas. You guys are much more important to me than you probably realize.

One positive out of all this alone time - I can pretty much play a sloppy but ok Dear Prudence now. I got the picking pattern figured out in a shorter time than I thought I would. I'll credit Happy Traum's instructional fingerpicking for beginners vid for that.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 222
    I've been mondo busy, so I need to catch up, but I just wanted to announce that we made it through the looking glass. Alex Jones just approved of Trump's appointment of Bush-Era Superhawk, John Bolton.

Bolton was a signatory of the Project For A New American Century letter to Clinton and a member of the American Enterprise Institute along with Cheney et al. He was a part of the neocon cabal at the center of every 9/11 conspiracy theory that Jones ever spun.

And now Alex Jones has - with the help of Roger Stone - spun the appointment of Bolton as a good thing, because he is a nationalist.

Only ten years ago Jones considered him a monster/war criminal/genocidal globalist who murdered 3,000 people to launch wars that have claimed millions.

Never thought I would see the day.

https://www.infowars.com/roger-stone-john-bolton-is-a-vast-improvement-over-mcmaster-for-security-adviser/
    edited March 24
    Yo Matt, how are you? What have you been up to?

Regarding Alex Jones and Yosemite Sam... Are you really that surprised? See, people who have no integrity are freed from the petty constraints imposed by intellectual honesty and basic morality! So Jones will keep sucking the administration's dick, until he figures it's more profitable to switch to some other cock, and then he'll be all "oceania has always been at war with eastasia" and shit.
    Yosemite Sam probably won't last long. At this point I think President shit-fer-brains only "fun" is playing the "I'm keeping them guessing!!!" game... Which is completely stupid but hey, it's Trump.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 222
    Jones has wiped a ton of 9/11 Truth-related and Republican-bashing material from his websites, but you can occasionally find fragments like this one where Paul Joseph Watson refers to John Bolton as neocon fear-monger hellbent on war with Iran.

You can see the pain in Jones' face as he receives his instructions from Roger Stone. Jones knows that he is kissing goodbye even more of his old followers with every glaring 180.

I mean, we're not talking about Jones making an exception for a scummy lawyer or bureaucrat, we're talking about someone Jones claimed was a genocidal globalist Nazi Illuminati member behind the secret 9/11 plot that was aimed at starting a global conflict that would eventually consume billions of human souls.

You can see him wincing as he swallows his pride and parrots Stone saying, "He's an apparatchik., that's obvious. He's a nationalist, so Trump knows what he is doing." etc.
    jonesvsjones.png
    455 x 904 - 259K
    I felt let down by the Stormy Daniels 60 Min. interview. I feel like I was led to believe she was going to give the public a recording, an email, something more tangible than just her story which we already knew.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,584
    Yes, I watched. First time I watched 60 minutes in years.

It mostly was just another reminded me how low the bar is for Trump. Nationally and my own bar. This would have been instant career death for anyone else. For Trump, we're just like "aw man. we wanted pictures of him in diapers".
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,648
    I didn't watch.

At this point, I am shamelessly avoiding the news and just reading a bunch of books and listening to a bunch of music instead. I realize it's a measure of privilege to be able to tune that shit out because I'm not affected personally by all of the terrible shit happening in the world right now, but for mental health reasons, I needed a break.
    edited March 26
    I finished Sing, Unburied, Sing this weekend. And it's good, very good even. But based on word of mouth, I sort of expected it would be an obvious candidate for best of year consideration.
    Braggy dad interlude: A____ scored 1560 on his SAT.
    BOOM! FUGGINAY, YEAH HE DID.

=D>
    What does he want to study in school?

Does he have thoughts yet on where he wants to go?
    edited March 26
    1560? Is that good?
    Yes. 1600 is a perfect score.

He wants to study music. Visited Berklee on Saturday is at Oberlin right now.
    edited March 26
    Nice! Congrats A!
    edited March 26
    Does that mean he'll get a scholarship or something? I mean, from were I stand, attending those kinds of schools is silly expensive.

https://www.berklee.edu/paying-for-your-education/cost-attendance

I mean, FUCKING A, man!
    Wow, 15freakin’60! Big congrats and a tip of the hat for that.

Thanks y'all!

Yes, How much of a ride these schools will give him will be bigly important. We don't have money and I am not going to let him get saddled with a lifetime of debt.
    We got the advice to go after these prestigious schools even if we couldn't begin to dream about paying for them. Most of them have very large endowments and can offer a lot more assistance than state schools.
    That is a plan, man. Good luck to A____.
    How are you hanging in there this morning, Dan?
    edited March 27
    I'm fine. I gave my class this morning, and it felt good: for three hours, my mind was on geology instead of mortality.

If you don't mind, I'd rather talk about it in the appropriate isles.
    I totally feel you.

What kind of geology are you teaching these days anyway?
    I've been giving an introductory level class on petrology (the origin, small-scale structure, and composition of rocks). Today, I talked about metamorphic rocks.
    I was just having a conversation with a coworker whose son also aspires to be a professional musician. He's begun struggling with his classwork and is getting frustrated and said to her this week "I'm going to be a bassist, why do I need to know what rocks are made of?!?!"

..and I thought of you.
    edited March 27
    I would've liked that class. I have many times regretted that I didn't take my required science courses until my senior year, when it was too late to change my major. Because I mos def would have switched to geology and tried to catch on with the Center for Earthquake Research and Information out of U of M.

And that in a nutshell, is why you have to learn about rocks, I guess. Because you might like it. Even if you think you want to be a bassist or a screenwriter.
    "I'm going to be a bassist, why do I need to know what rocks are made of?!?!"
    Son, you need to know about rocks to become less of a dumbass.
    My thoughts, which I kept from voicing.
    Now whu-u-t? Metaphoric rocks or sumpthin'?