Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fleetwood Mac is a silly band.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    Never saw Dylan, either.
    But I did see Leonard Cohen!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,648
    I saw Johnny Cash!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,584
    I don't think it's weird. But I would recommend if you get the chance. It's cooler than I'd expected. The setlist isn't just hits. He has a pretty good sense of which songs didn't click at the time but were still good.
    This conversation made me look up Van Morrison. He's the Moby Dick of my musical bucket list. And what do you know, he's playing at Hershey Park in September. And I happen to know a 13 year old roller coaster junkie who would definitely be my companion for that.
    "Musical bucket list" is a great way to look at it. The one that got away for me was definitely Prince.

I did manage to see Merle Haggard and Motorhead the last couple of years. And I made sure I saw Jerry Lee Lewis, fearing he would pass before I got the chance... he has made it 20+ years since then.
    Jason Isbell does a pretty fantastic cover of "Into the Mystic."

Me, ten minutes ago: I need to be frugal here. The nice brand of jerky is fine, but the cheap stuff is nearly as good.
    Me, now: I have replaced all of the fluid in my body with salt and tar.
    Ha. Is jerky your go-to work snack?
    One of 'em, yeah. Jerky, string cheese... the occasional low carb protein bar/snack thing.

I'm not really following a strict set of numbers on eating anymore, as I'm down to about 195, which I'm pretty happy with. But I do uphold the general guidelines I've used for a while: protein first, minimal carbs, emphasis on grilled meats and fresh, non-starchy veggies.
    I still have my love handles, and my belly has some loose skin. But mostly I am pretty slim these days, I guess... by middle-aged American dad standards, anyway.
    Epic brand jerky is the best, by a pretty wide margin, of the dozen-ish brands I've tried. It's very, very good. The uncured bacon in particular is delicious.
    That's got to feel good.
    It's good, yeah. I think I actually need to buy jeans again. I keep telling myself my next pair is the smallest I will need. Looks like I need some 32x34 jeans now. I don't think I've ever needed them that were longer than the waist. I was wearing 48x32 when this started.
    So what is everybody doing this weekend? I'll probably watch some Lost in Space, try to finish reading Lucky Boy, and drive some Lyft.
    I'm getting stuff ready for my divorce shit, lesson plan for next week, house chores, guitar practice. I'm actually going to an impromptu 4/20 (eye rolly guy) thing with real live people! Another chance to hide how socially awkward I feel.
    I really like my new lawyer. She seems a lot more aggressive. She actually said, "You're going to pay off this bitch and forget her." She also told me that my bro-in-law had me offering twice as much as necessary.
    She ain't cheap, but I think she'll be worth it.
    One band I really don't like at all that pops up on various Spotify stations I listen to is Omni. I can't thumb-down their tunes fast enough.
    Their melodies--I feel like I should put that in sarcastic quotes--are terrible.
    edited April 20
    She also told me that my bro-in-law had me offering twice as much as necessary.
    (does his best but cannot manage a convincing surprised face)
    I'm really happy you have someone looking out for your best interests.
    I am also happy. I'm so sorry you're having a contentious one. Ours was mostly amicable and it was still painful as shit. Stay strong. It gets better.
    Not sure what we're doing. The boys wrote a pretty nice script 3 weeks ago but then we got busy. Not sure if we missed that window. Hope not. It is a prequel to their sci-fi masterpiece "Juice-Juice".

It's also the first step in their plan to unify all of their previous movies into a singular universe with three parallel timelines.
    I don’t have a lot to compare you guys to, but ya’ll are some kick ass dads.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,569
    edited April 21
    We went to see Isle of Dogs yesterday. For a kids movie, it ain't too dumb, and I enjoyed the deadpan tone. I also nerded out on all the references to Japanese cinema and culture. Recommended, but only if you already like Wes Anderson.
    Well, no such luck with the movie making. A_____ had a monster homework assignment that took up all of Sunday.

Still a nice weekend. E___ and I did a lot of cooking together. The weather was 1000% perfect. And the trees are finally budding.
    I'm so glad the weather finally broke.

I had to drive a fair bit this weekend, but I did make time to take Simon to the Unearth Science Festival at the botanic garden. They had little experiments about seeds, soil, etc. It was pretty fun. We also watched a bit more of Lost in Space.
    I tried to watch Westworld last night, but what with having worked 7 hours right before and then pouring myself a big ol' tequila, I kind of dozed right off. I hope to see it later tonight maybe.