Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single tear of dad joy

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
Hello! I think a new thread title with "dad" in it would be appropriate after a thread called "mom is french".

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 514
    Mmmkk

Eric did you tell Oneida how Karl Hoffstetter is stealing Royalties and committed credit card fraud? I have all the records and spreadsheets from when I worked there for protection from litigation. He wouldn’t pay me $400 he owed me cause I wouldn’t surrender my work papers and I have a right to keep them for protection against litigation.
    Oneida was on Fire the night I saw them. Joyful Noise Recordings had about 15 people on the guest list and I paid $14.00 for my ticket
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
    That's 200 bucks not going into the band's pockets.
    $210 to be anally specific and that’s why I laughed really loud after she said FUCK YOU KIM OSKINS 3 times. I was thinking to myself I’m not leaving after spending $14 and $25 for new record when I see them and all their young interns Which was between 15 and 20
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
    My accomplishment was building a 12' x 12' stone stage on a friend's farm north of the city. It didn't take a huge amount of skill (cobblestone perimeter with gravel center plus a sort of french drain around the edges to help draining)... but it was a hell of a lot of moving wheelbarrows of rock around his property. I can still feel it in my back.

I think I saw pictures on FB, but it was when I was looking for something and I haven't gotten back around to them. Maybe post some here?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    I'm in wacko Waco for a conference. I know I've mentioned it before, but have any of you been watching Stan Lee's Lucky Man? It's definitely worth checking out. I've been watching it on one of the putlockers. I can't remember which one.
    My brother and sis in law are trying to move to Waco off 35? If that makes sense?
    Saudi group posts photo of plane about to hit Toronto's CN tower amid spat
    A Saudi Arabian organisation has apologised for tweeting a digitally-altered image that showed a plane flying towards Toronto’s CN Tower – in an apparent reference to a 9/11-style attack – amid an escalating row over Canada’s call for the release of detained human rights activists in the kingdom.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,588
    #thatescalatedquickly
    Leaving for Portugal tonight. I'll probably be able to post from there. I don't want you guys to miss me or something.
    Have a wonderful time. My bestie just did two weeks there and boy oh boy, did I not realize what a beautiful country that was.
    ...is, I guess. It's still there. Still presumably beautiful.
    Yes, Kim, Waco is straight down Interstate 35. It's about 80 or 90 miles from Fort Worth.

I was approved for a loan, so I'll be able to have the ex paid off by the end of the month. Paying off the loan is going to be tricky for the first year because I'm also paying off my line of credit and this damned Prius. If I do it right, I can have the line of credit paid off in less than a year and use that to increase the payments on my personal loan. One thing I never expected - my credit score is 818. I was super irresponsible with money when I was younger. I defaulted on a personal loan, defaulted on a credit card, and went into default over student loan payments. Is having excellent credit something I should include in a singles profile?...I'm asking for a friend.
    Have a blast, Dan! Pics or it didn't happen.
    Have fun Dan! I’ve always wanted to go to Portugal and Brazil. Needless to say I will probably never leave this country ... cause I’m broke broke as fuck
    Just got back from A__'s post-op consultation. He's doing sooper-dooper. Surgeon was almost comically impressed with his own work. Smiling and nodding approvingly at the xrays.
    "Who's your back-straightening daddy?"
    That is terrific news. Here's to his health.
    Cheers to A and his outstanding daddio
    Hey, quick question for everybody...
    WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS WEEKEND?!?
    We're going here:
    https://whoazonewhihala.com/
    That looks hecka fun.
    I'll be playing engineer for the boys' band all weekend. This is the prog-y outfit, Meadow in Progress and we're laying down their sophomore EP.

It's fun to listen to them talk through their writing process. They both have a lot of theory education, so they can discuss things clearly that back in the day would take us forever to explain to each other.
    edited August 12
    Whoa Zone was dicey today due to nasty waves this weekend, so we went to the water park in nearby Rockford. It was a fine time, so I call it a win.
    Looking forward to hearing the fruits of the boys' labor, Eric. You got some talented kiddos.
    I’m trying to get my head right for work on Monday.
    And glad to hear about A___!
    As long as there's splashing involved, it's totally a win.
    Thanks Ev! Good luck today. Is it actual classes today? Or prep work?