Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Single tear of dad joy

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,584
    Great fun this weekend. A friend of theirs that studies bass at Oberlin College was home for the summer so he came by and sat in. Things got funkier than usual.

E__ keeps impressing me with his blossoming mixing skills. Keeping on top of the live tracks plus a dozen overdubs, all with EQing, gating and compression.

The last job that only I could do is slipping away. :/
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,648
    edited August 13
    I rode an insane water slide called the Screaming Lizard. You climb into a pod thing that looks like an upright, plexiglass coffin. Then they drop the floor out from under you and you zoom straight down then through a loop-de-loop.

I would have offered to stay at the bottom and watch your stuff.
  • KimKim Posts: 514
    Me too Me too

I went to Brown County State Park to swim and hike and veg
    That looks real pretty.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    Mostly staring at the walls today and trying to stay awake.
    Me too Ev, I didn’t sleep last night. I was dating a jerk but got rid of his loser ass

Jeff I would have peed the pool after that drop! Did Simon dig it?
    Simon didn't ride the crazy looping water slide. You have to be between 100 and 300 pounds for that one.

TBH, part of why I did ride it was because I was so delighted to be within a normal range and have the option.
    I cannot overstate the degree of existential panic and anxiety that I go through every time I have to try and get accounting people to pay purchase orders.
    I am lucky that our clients generally want to keep our lawyers happy and pay on time. The occasional exception... typically govenment entities.. that use an endless and bottomless series of detailed requests to delay frustrate the hell out of me.
    Sorry about your jerkface boy Kim. Glad you washed him right out of your hair. Here's to nice boys from now on.
    I wish I was the accounting person approving your purchase orders ha

Awesome on the option, you look very fit

Did Simon ride other water slides? I love water, pools, lakes, rivers,

58FD9C01-7977-4CD1-ACDC-E160C61C6E48.jpeg
    960 x 1052 - 157K
    I kilt crappity
    (poking it with a stick)
    I realized the other day that I've been so focused on work, I haven't been good at just being home. I think my primary home hobby was "tequila." i decided I need to stop boozing for a few weeks, not because I was problematic, but because there's other shit I should do instead and it's a distraction.

I've started dinking around in my workshop on old computers again. And I think Simon and I may finally make our second cigar box guitar.
    Nicely. Yeah, I find that I need to consciously set up clean-zones periodically for myself. They don't just happen organically for me any more. The upside are the super vivid complex dreams that happen during sober weeks.
    edited August 16
    Aretha has officially left us. It was (maybe morbidly?) nice to have a couple days notice. Typically my tribute listening parties feel like I'm yelling "I fucking love your music!" into a void. This allowed me to pretend that maybe she was picking up my vibe in some way.
    I'd never admit this to my wife, but honestly, I think the entire launching point for my period of increased drinking was a ridiculously good deal on tequila from Costco. 1.75L of Cazadores for $19.99! Now that it's done, dialing it back will come pretty naturally.
    Oh man, I hadn't heard about Aretha. I knew she was close but I didn't know it was over.

I feel really dumb about cheaping out and not going to see her last year.
    Ha. Yes. The Costco mega bottle of gin has gotten me in trouble more than once.
    Tilda went to Toronto for her cousin's baby shower. Not sure what the boy and the Mother-in-Law and I will do for entertainment in the meantime.
    No boys for me. Going to knock out a bunch of homey chores and gardening, so that I can enjoy the next couple of entertaining weekends guilt-free.
    I’m going to try and finish cleaning up and organizing my office/music room. One hour should do it.

I have to work to get it done by Monday and I think I’m going swimming at Brown County State Park.

Next week I have jury duty. I’m going to say I’ve been robbed 3 times and attempted car jacking once. Say I can’t be impartial if i Get called to go sit for hours
    Have you ever checked this out?
    Right now I’m listening to the 6/20/86 Replacements show at Maxwell’s. The sound quality isn’t bad.
    I keep meaning to listen to that. Thanks for the reminder.
    edited August 20
    This weekend, I set up my little raspberry Pi to be a gaming computer. It wasn't that heard, really. Nerds have made it so that you can just choose the size of the MicroSD card you have and then download the software, emulators, games, etc. all on one card, then plug and play.

The one I went with looks like this:
    So I have a little computer a little bigger than a deck of cards that has 8,000+ games on it, including every Atari, Nintendo, Sega, Super Nintendo, you can think of. plenty of Playstation One, N64, etc. too.
    You gonna build a retro arcade shell for it next? Gotta have somewhere to set your orange julius on.