Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Relieved I don't need to watch.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,648
    edited September 21
    Know what I mean?
    Dick.
    D&D sounds better than homecoming anyway.
    We're going to scouts tonight, then a fish fry. Tomorrow, it's into the city for a housewarming party. Then Sunday, we're going to see The House with a Clock in Its Walls.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,584
    Sounds solid. THWACIIW looks a bit thin, but I think this kind of cross pollination of movies and books does encourage more reading. Would love to see data on it.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    Chicken Little’s Blues

Well, the sky is falling,
    And I must go and tell the king.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 317
    Hey yo. Sorry I'm not around much any more. Will work on doing better about it. I just don't have much to report these days. Stan is a proud pappy again. His new daughter MIA was born last week. 2 months premature but she's doing fine.
    When Mia is ready to head off to college Stan will be 70 years old.
    We've had a lot of roof damage lately. S___ dealt with the insurance people and I kept getting told we needed a new roof which I was against. I figure we should wait til a really big branch comes down and does serious damage. Well, they finally came out and they just re-shingled the roof. I was like 'why didn't somebody just tell me that was all they were doing?' I thought they meant pulling up all the wood and replacing all that. They just repaired some holes and re-shingled. No big deal really.
    I recently got asked to be part of a one-off Clash tribute band. Pretty great line-up of musicians. Jack O on drums, Tim P, Alex G. I backed out because I've never really been a Clash guy and I felt like I'd be a big faker up there. So I missed out on what would've been my one gig this year.
    When Mia is ready to head off to college Stan will be 70 years old.
    This is the math that led to S___ and me saying "mmmehhh.. let's just enjoy the boys and leave it at that."
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,569
    Hi Tripp!

Damn, yeah, you shouldn't have backed out of that show. It's nice that they asked you, though.
    Resigned? Fired? Who Knows? Certainly not the fucking news!
    Everybody's trying to figure out which one looks better. I'm sure Trump would like to swing his dick around and fire him, but cooler heads are probably telling him that looks more like obstruction.
    I really hope the NYT vetted the hell out of their story. If this is a nothing burger that winds up collapsing Mueller's investigation, I will never forgive them.
    There's a fourth Kavanaugh accuser now.
    Oh shit... I missed number 3.
    edited September 24
    Wha?! Four accusers? You sure? Can't find anything about it.
    Well, some leftie sites talk about a third and a fourth anonymous accuser. They don't specify if they mean victims of sexual harassment, or witnesses.
    edited September 24
    Republicans: You can't just use accusations to derail someone right before they cross the finish line for an important job!

HRC:
    Headline says it all.

https://wonkette.com/breaking-nobody-knows-what-the-fuck-is-going-on-right-now

Bottom line. STOP PAYING ATTENTION TO KAVANAUGH!!
    I wonder, what would John McCain do?

Not that I give a shit but, you know, the idea amuses me...
    Singer/songwriter/lawyer Dick McAsshole struggles to finger Aminor on his $5000 custom shop Gibson Les Paul.
    Yours is better.
    To be honest, the Aminor thing is an old joke.

My two hour (each way!) commute starts next week.
    I got the bigger chuckle out of the entitled douche wasting a high end guitar.