Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DANSPLAINING!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
Good morning.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,570
    Chortle.
    44514342_10217645241541215_1309360500043153408_n.jpg
    960 x 779 - 85K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,652
    Saw this over the weekend. Very original and one of the best indie horror films of the last decade:

I've recently discovered that if I just download them to my phone via the Netflix app, I can quietly watch horror movies much more often, even with the not-horror-friendly wife and child around. I've seen A TON lately: The Ritual, The Invitation,Before I Wake, Oculus, Gerald's Game, Raw, A Dark Song, As Above So Below, and Under the Shadow.
    Of those, I especially recommend: A Dark Song, The Invitation, and Oculus. I haven't finished Under the Shadow, but it's fascinating so far: a Farsi-language period piece about post-Cultural Revolution living that sneakily turns into a horror movie about djinn as it goes.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,588
    Sounds heavy.
    I finally saw Halloween on Friday. One of those movies that is so iconic, I was sure I'd seen it in my youth. But nope. I liked it. It was a little smarter than what I always assumed.
    If anyone has some time to kill and is curious about our boy A_____'s college application - music composition portfolio. It is right here .

It's a mix of classical stuff, his proggy rock stuff and movie clips.
    I'm still grading exams. Grumble, grumble.

All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy. All work and no play makes Dan a dull boy.
    edited October 23
    Did you know that today is Mole Day?
    edited October 23
    Dudes, why do you need more nukes when you already have invisible planes?
    aw. Happy Mole Day.
    How else are we going to keep out that caravan? Wait... I might be mixing stuff up. It changes a lot.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    The Dems in Texas got at least 1 vote today.
    BE-TO! BE-TO! BE-TO!
    These people are not hiking together to see Phish. They're not a fucking caravan. It's a humanitarian crisis.
    I'm continuing to binge on horror films for Halloween. Today, I'm watching this:

Errementari: The Blacksmith and The Devil

It's in Basque!

It's got visual sumptuousness on a Gilliamesque/Legend kinda level. Worth checking out.
    That looks good.
    Involuntarily saw an hour of Fox News last night. The caravan is ALL they are talking about. It must be stirring up the right emotions.
    Mid-terms coming up fast, eh?
    Following the CNN bomb, S_____'s building (PBS) has been locked down. They have a team going through their mailroom now.

It's clear the bomber is going after Trump's enemy list (not just a generalized "lefty" list). So I reckon the Failing New York Times is more likely a target than PBS, but still not enjoying this.
    Shit. Safety-encouraging PMAs S____'s way.
    edited October 24
    President shit-fer-brains is going around saying crap like the caravan is funded by the Democrats and of course George Soros and has Middle Easterners buried among it and is heading your way and he can't stop it because the Democrats. And, as far as I know, everyone in the fachosphere is swallowing it whole!

So no wonder people are getting bombs in the mail.
    But, you know, both sides should be more civil...
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,346
    Yes, bombers and the people being threatened by bombs are equally evil. Anybody with half a brain knows that.
    You can't have one without the other. That's just science.
    Hey, I'm out tomorrow, so I'm going to need your projected weekend activities on my desk by EOD.

I'm heading up to Philly to see A___ and E___'s marching band. It'll be my first time seeing the entire show. I'm excited.
    edited October 25
    We're going to a "haunted hike" on Saturday, then a Halloween party. Then Sunday, I'm going with my friend Syed to see Halloween while Tilda and Simon have a play date at their place with his wife and their kids.
    edited October 25
    Was that basque horror movie any good, Jeff?
    It had the kind of elemental simplicity/predictability of fables in some ways, but I enjoyed it. The demon character is hilarious and compelling and the visuals were top notch. It wasn't scary though, just sort of gothic.
    The one spoiler I will give is to say that apparently the two keys to torturing demons are bells and chickpeas.