Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creepy contortionist clown

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 1,357
    I suppose it’s nice enough, but I don’t want to spend more of my time working than I already do. I always have homework and I’m usually spent at the end of the day. Also, I’m a bit too anxiety-ridden and freaky to interact with people in real life.
    Particularly Texans.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,621
    This made me guffaw:
    Drq5VS-U4AAa4ia.jpg
    1062 x 1186 - 119K
    My friend in Dallas has a girlfriend now, and he hasn’t returned a call in over a month. I’m happy for him and everything, but it sucks for me. I’m really starting to get sick of being depressed and alone all the time...maybe I woke up too early.
    So how about that migrant caravan? Is that still even a thing?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,624
    At first read, I thought Dan was suggesting that Evan join the migrant caravan as a way to make new friends.
    And why not?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,685
    Evan does speak Spanish, right?
    Sorry to read about Stan Lee.
    Me too. I hope his estate will allow a Stan Lee hologram to make an appearance in all future Marvel flicks.
    edited November 13
    Today, in history, in 1775, american revolutionary forces under Gen. Richard Montgomery occupied Montreal.
    Oof. I don't want to name any names, but SOMEONE on crappity might have dealt with job stress and general depression today by getting day drunk on the way to work.
    edited November 13
    Who's that? I demand to know!
    {BELCH}

No idea.
    Look man, we could spend all morning going back and forth over who did or didn't drink a bottle of wine out of a coffee cup on the train to work this morning.

But the real question is: what will I have for lunch today?
    I dont' think it was necessary to call me out. We all deal with things differently. (popping a couple more Altoids)
    I understand why you took to the bottle, Jeff... But let me play responsible dad here and point out that it risks making a bad situation worse. Plus, I'm certain Tilda and Simon wouldn't approve. :-B
    edited November 13
    Fuck, I sound like my mom. See what you made me do, Jeff? I hate myself now and it's all your fault!
    I've already coffee-d my way back to normal. I just had a little wine left in my bag from [unrelated thing] and drinking it made thinking about the rest of my pending day seem temporarily less horrible.
    (raises glass) Here’s to morning drinking!
    We should have a crappity reunion sometime over the holidays right here at crappity.net. No one even has to go anywhere.
    Can we daydrink at it?
    You can daydrink anywhere if you want it enough.
    Obvious Lunch Tip Based on Crass Generalizations: if you want fried fish or chicken for lunch, find the shabby looking place with black folks standing in line.
    Raise you hand if it's snowing in your locale.
    [raises hand]

Music tip: fuzzy hats and snowy weather make Fleet Foxes sound extra good.
    Without having tried it, this makes full sense to me.
    I took a half day yesterday and absolutely no one said anything to me about it.
    I'd like that kind of freedom.

It feels strange to be a non-exempt employee again. I LOVE the extra money I can create with overtime. But actually punching a (virtual) timeclock make me feel like a teenager at a shitty job who can't be trusted to just do their job.
    Teaching imposes an extremely rigid (virtual) time clock: gotta be in class, gotta grade fast, gotta prepare classes on time...