Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Milktooth is your spot these days.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,700
    edited December 2018
    Oh, and I know about Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds, Jeffrey. I actually have a Princess Bride DVD and I remember watching The Wonder Years...

Jerk.
    In this particular context, I thought "fridged" meant refusing sex to Vanessa.
    edited December 2018
    Say hello to Dermophis donaldtrumpi!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermophis_donaldtrumpi
    Dermophis donaldtrumpi is the planned name for species of caecilian, to be named after Donald Trump. It was originally discovered in Panama.

It is about 10 centimeters (4 inches) long, blind, shiny,[1] slimy,[2] looks like a large worm, slippery[3] and burrows,[1] living almost entirely underground.[3] Its eyes can detect light and dark only, so it uses tentacles in order to find prey; it also has an extra layer of skin which their young can eat after peeling it off.[3]
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,730
    edited December 2018
    I'm not gonna dansplain "linear time." L-)
    edited December 2018
    Seriously, I didn't see your dansplaining post before writing my dansplaining post, I swear!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,685
    I needed that Fridging explainer. Urban Dictionary had something much different.
    edited December 2018
    I don't get it... Given that repugnicans have controlled congress the entire time of Trump's presidency so far, why is it necessary for the democrats to give Trump his stupid wall?
    The ongoing budget is being approved. If the wall is going to happen, funds need to be part of it. It's a weird (and almost certainly stupid) power play by Trump to demand wall funds here or else he'll force a government shutdown. On the one hand, he made public statements saying he'd be "proud" to cause a shutdown here, so he is absolutely going to take the blame personally. On the other, his best case scenario here is a shutdown until the new congress takes office... who are much more heavily democratic... and against whom he will have even less leverage
    edited December 2018
    TL;DR: Trump's position here is: "If you don't give me what I want while I'm weak, I'll blame you for what happens, after I've said I take full responsibility! After that, you'll just have to deal with me again while you're stronger and I'm even more weak!"
    In other words...

• moetownmoetown Posts: 1,371
    He really is daft. The whole Republican party is daft. America: The Daft Years.
    WHATS EVERYBODY DOING TO CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF OUR SAVIOUR?!?!?!?
    I've got a five day stretch, which is the longest I've had in 20 years. (being an accountant, the end of the year is our go zone).

The boys will be with me. A_______'s last one before college. I'm going to breathe it in as deeply as I can (without getting maudlin, hopefully)
    SUH-WEET. I went balls out for the holidays, I'm combining four vacation days with the off days I get anyway and the weekends and will not be due back to work for--DRUMROLL--12 days after today.

We're going to Toronto to visit Tilda's favorite cousins and their brand new bouncing baby boy. We're also going to do Christmas-y and Toronto-y things. Should be a good time.
    My boss just gave everyone in the department shot glasses and Ciroc minis. It's been that kind of month.
    Simon has rewritten "Here Comes Santa Claus" as "Here Come Satan's Claws."
    He sees you when you're sleeping
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    [sudden shift into deep, demonic voice]
    AND YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKES
    That is some rock solid writing.
    He's got a great/weird sense of humor. His other thing lately is whenever someone tries to give him a fist bump, he just grabs their fist and shrieks. It may be one of those things a person has to actually see to appreciate its inspired lunacy.
    edited December 2018
    My top 3 records of 2018:

1) Beak: >>>

2) Sons of Kemet: Your queen is a reptile

3) L.A. Witch: L.A. Witch (technically, late 2017, but I bought it in mid 2018)

Honorable mention:

Khruangbin: Con Todo El Mundo
    Just dropped the needle on all three and enjoyed myself.
    edited December 2018
    Cool. By "dropped the needle", you mean checked them up online, right?
    Have fun in Soviet Canuckistan, Jeff! You sure the border patrol are going to let you cross back into the US?
    There were a lot of records I liked last year. Car Seat Headrest Twin Fantasy was probably my fave. Courtney Barnett Tell Me How You Really Feel and the s/t debut by Superorganism were two that I listened to front to back many many times. I liked that Middle Kids record, too. I played the new ones by Parquet Courts, Father John Misty, Superchunk, The Breeders, and Interpol a bunch as well. A lot of the artists I got into were women or women-led: Lucy Dacus, Hinds, Speedy Ortiz, Big Thief, The Beths, Snail Mail...
    Cool. By "dropped the needle", you mean checked them up online, right?
    Yes, listened to one randomly chosen song each online.
    Speedy Ortiz is on my list.
    I think this was my song of the year. I didn't love their album, but I listened to this song like 10,000x.

Yes, listened to one randomly chosen song each online.
    Remember when it actually took some work to find new music?
    edited December 2018
    (gets off old man's lawn)
    In today's episode of Things Everyone Here Knows:

Red Red Meat are really good.
    edited December 2018
    (gets off old man's lawn)
    Hey, come back here, you didn't finish mowing it! You lousy bum!

Kids these days. ~X(