Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Milktooth is your spot these days.

13»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 3,862
    Red Red Meat are really good.
    Yeah. Califone ain't bad either.
    Shutdown!
    What's better? Chaotic stupid evil? Or lawful evil?
    Merry winter solstice celebration, you bunch of heathens!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,392
    What's better? Chaotic stupid evil? Or lawful evil?
    Chocolate!
    Chocolate is indubitably better than both chaotic stupid evil and lawful evil.
    By the way...

Bah, humbug.

Someone had to say it.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,786
    Merry tidings everybody. I'm back at work for 3 days. Had a nifty time with the fellahs. Got new underwear.
    Spiderman is fucking great.
    Stupid shit that made me laugh:
    48958001_10161345798415066_9033844892542959616_n.jpg
    480 x 681 - 41K
  • KimKim Posts: 566
    edited December 2018
    Digging the 2018 albums by Foxwarren, Amen Dunes, Richard Swift, Beach House and Courtney Barnett
    Kim, have your taken Snail Mail for a test drive. I have a feeling you'd like.
    I like Snail Mail. I don't get the Liz Phair comparison at all.

I've been pretty depressed this holiday season. Even more so than the last one. I'm just alone all the effin' time, and I feel completely socially inept. Also suicidal, but that's usually my default setting when stuff isn't good. I'm much more of a 'think about suicide' person than a 'try to kill myself' person, so no need to worry. It's just a lousy space to be in. I kinda fucked up my back which prevents me from exercising. That's been a fairly reliable go to outlet for depression. I'm going to see my Dallas friend today and I'm supposed to hook up with Ryan Pogo! and Karen on Sunday. Maybe that will be good for my mind. Sorry for being a downer, but that's where I'm at. I'm glad I don't have to fake it with you guys.
    Very glad you've got some meetups in your future. That usually helps at least a little bit. Love you. It can be a sad ass time of year. Hope you find some good tools to keep yourself going.
    Also, hadn't heard the Liz Phair comparison, but I also disagree.

She's got a 90s sound but it's certainly not limited to LP.
    Thank you, Eric. I love you, too.
    Ev, I love you too. No homo. Well, maybe a little bit homo.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,818
    Did I miss the lovefest?

CAUSE I BROUGHT A BIG OL' TRUCKLOAD
    Always room for more.
    So I'm closing out the books today, then I'm off for a six day birthday extravaganza!!!!
    Well, as of today, there are no more twentieth century children.

I feel old.

Happy new year!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,818
    One of the things I like about the end of the year is how I can use all of the "Best of [Year]" lists to quickly ID records I missed out on. I don't normally go for straight country music, but the new-ish Pistol Annies album is freaking terrific. Like a pissed-off, pill-popping smartass divorcee version of the Dixie Chicks. Americana/alt-country weirdo Angaleena Presley is in that band and that is what drew me in. It has terrific three part harmonies and a bunch of the memorable lyrics Presley always tosses off.

"I picked a good day for a recreational Percocet / I’ve got an itch to just get high"

"I’m gonna mix a drink and try to drown this worthlessness / Call mom and tell her I’m alright / Well, he don’t love me but he ain’t gone yet / These are the best years of my life"

"His love is enough to keep me satisfied / I said that too when I was his wife"

"It takes a judge to get married, takes a judge to get divorced / Well the last couple years, spent a lotta time in courts /Got my name changed back"

Anyway, there are maaaaaaaaaybe two of you who might give that a shot, but if you're one of 'em, do try it. It's a front-to-back good record.