Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
Time for a new thread!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    New thread, new me!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    I may have pulled the chute at the exact right time. My good friend who still works at the old place says the company's 2019 price hike went over like a lead balloon because competing companies actually lowered their prices. It's chaos there.

Feeling pretty good about having a month off, too.
    It just keeps getting better.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    Time off is one of the greatest things ever!
    edited January 24
    I got my offer. I have a much better job than before now, working for A Tried & True telecom company.
    This is fantastic.
    We need a Johnny Paycheck of educational success. Carnegie Mellon Univ. liked A_____'s portfolio and is having him in on Saturday for an audition/interview. This is his most desired school, so I would be thankful for any positive collegiate atoms you guys have stored up.
    I think a positive collegiate atom should be called a "Blutarsky" and noted as thus:

Many, many Blutarskys to young A.
    I second this.
    imageimageimageimageimage
    edited January 24
    As long as they like my background check and drug test, I'm hired. Other than general paranoia, I can't imagine why the former would be an issue. And I haven't done anything that would complicate a urine test since Labor Day.

I'm still doing like seven more interviews. I doubt any of them would change my mind--I just had super good vibes from the main one, and they also offered the most money... plus, they're hot to trot for me, which makes a person feel good--but I want to see what else is out there. It will help me cover my bases/have a backup plan, as well as give me a list of warm leads I can send to former co-workers to help them GTFO too.
    edited January 24
    Don't know if I mentioned, but my ex-bosses have developed quite a reputation for scouring ex-employees' computers to look for anything they could use against them or their peers, up to and including logging into their personal email accounts if they left the login active.

I wiped the ever-loving shit out of mine, leaving nothing behind except the desktop/lockscreen wallpaper, which I set to an image of the scene from Half Baked where Scarface quits his job at the burger place. ("Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and FUCK YOU, I'm out!")

It has apparently become a source of considerable amusement to the people still there.
  • KimKim Posts: 582
    Awesome Jeff! Sending my Johnny’s to Eric and A ! Sending positive vibes too

I have some drama to post but I won’t until after something happens today. I will prob post in secret isles
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    As long as they like my background check and drug test, I'm hired.
    Aw right! HI FIVE!

Uh?! What kind of college experience did you guys have?
    edited January 24
    Dansplaining: That is a John Belushi character from a popular film about college life called Animal House.
    edited January 24
    As far as I'm concerned, a Lewis or even a Gilbert would be more appropriate. :-B

edited January 24
    Fuck you Jeff! I know who that is, asshole. 8-|

(Gives the finger in Jeff's general direction)
    And congrats for the new job, you jerk.
    edited January 24
    That's the one with A Tried & True company, right?
    Yep. Thanks, Dan.
    Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) will propose a new annual “wealth tax” on Americans with more than $50 million in assets, according to an economist advising her on the plan, as Democratic leaders vie for increasingly aggressive solutions to the nation’s soaring wealth inequality.
    (•_•)
    It looks like Roger Stone has been...
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    UNTURNED!
    (⌐■_■)
    YEAHHHH!
    Did yall see the video? They like arrested-arrested him. FBI swarmed his house pre-dawn.
    Do Don Jr. next. I want to hear Trump say he’s never met him.
    Oh gosh.. I think I waiting to long for my question.

Feel free to drop information here and we can enjoy it asynchronously.
    I did see the video, yeah. I also saw Chad Ochocinco tweet that he watched the whole thing. (Stone is his neighbor.)
    edited January 26
    What am I doing this weekend?

Wifey works today, so it's me and the daughter. We'll do the usual: I'll practice guitar in the morning, we'll go to the bakers and the public library in the afternoon, then playing video games with little S. until wifey comes back from work.

I have no idea what were going to do tomorrow. Probably watch a movie or something.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    Cosmic Blutarskys for everyone!
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    Dx4SlwFUUAELiic.jpg
    960 x 960 - 95K
This discussion has been closed.