Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everything's Coming Up Milhouse!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    TMW2019-01-30color.png
    915 x 856 - 161K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    I like that Roger Stone bit. I saw a similar one for Trump yesterday:

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    Jurf, I'd be interested in hearing about the Live From Here taping.
    It was terrific. I'm not sure if the skits were better than usual or if I was just more tolerant since I was on site, but we actually laughed. Kurt Braunohler was there and was funny, too.

Our seats were in the "terrace," the U-shaped section behind/around the stage at the Chicago Symphony Center. Simon loved it, because he could see Chris Thile play really well.

Eighth Blackbird were [makes head 'sploding noise] and Jason Isbell was as terrific as ever.

• KimKim Posts: 582
    I saw the movie Green Book and really enjoyed it
    That is great Jeff. I think adding stand-ups and doing fewer sketches is a smart move.
    I've been wondering about Green Book. Cool.
    It’s a true story
    267184A4-34F3-4F48-B1F7-55EDD112CAC8.jpeg
    640 x 1136 - 135K
    Sending warm blanket PMA’s to everyone experiencing cold, frigid weather
    Everybody in DC is going home early except us. :(
    edited January 29
    Sending warm blanket PMA’s to everyone experiencing cold, frigid weather.

That's a somewhat strange thing to say to someone who lives in Montreal...
    So basically, the british parliament has said they want a deal, but they also have said in a binding vote they don't want May's deal. May has said she will come back with another deal. But the EU said May's deal is the only deal and...

I think that maybe they shouldn't Brexit at all.
    It all boils down to the Irish backstop. Basically, removing the UK from the EU creates a situation that may invalidate the Good Friday agreement between Ireland and Northern Ireland. If they clamp down their borders, they break the deal. If they don't, Brexit has a big leaking hole in it.
    I just had an interview that sounded super promising for another company. I may yet bail on my first offer for a better one.
    Nice problem.
    Yikes. Maybe not. The CEO of the company in question for the second offer is the lowest rated CEO on Glassdoor. His employees use words like "unethical" about him.
    ope.
    edited January 30
    I think that maybe they shouldn't Brexit at all.

When was that referendum? 2016? The brexit deadline is March 29. They had two years to prepare for it, and they couldn't figure out a way to do it. Eh.
    Was just reading a thinkpiece about how the silver lining here is that other countries that have been flirting with leaving the EU are thinking "nah, that looks like ass"
    edited January 31
    There are plenty of legitimate reasons to be pissed at the EU! I mean, I initally felt some sympathy for brexit... That is, until I realized that the leave side was mostly composed of xenophobes, demagogues and little englanders.

Funny thing is that the UK is probably the nation who, thanks to their eternal "euroscepticism" and constant whinging (to use their language), got the most out of the EU!

Whereas Greece and Portugal, countries who got totally screwed by the EU after the 2008 crisis, have some of the most pro-EU populations in Europe. Go figure.
    Some time between today and Monday I should get final confirmation I am hired at A Tried and True company. Then I can stop doing all of these f-ing interviews and spend my days going to the gym and watching Netflix.

-61F wind chill today here. -25F actual, last I heard
    There's a movie called Animal World on Netflix. It's a Mandarin language adaptation of a Japanese manga. In it, a mentally ill clown is coerced into entering a rock paper scissors tournament with life or death stakes to clear a debt.

It's ludicrous and a little loud (they take the Matrix "bullet time" effect to lunatic heights) but once it settles in, it's a crazy little game theory thriller.
    edited January 31
    I watched Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle with Little S. Ludicrous movies, but totally fun. Is that movie kid appropriate? If yes, I may try that one, but only if I can find a version with french subtitles.
    edited January 31
    -25F actual, last I heard
    -31°C! Boy, that's cold even by Montreal standards.
    Animal World is at Hunger Games level violence/gore. Maybe a little worse.
    Mmmm, maybe in a couple of years. I thought she would enjoy it because we like to engage in jokey rock paper scissors games over stupid things, like cleaning the table and making the bed.

Favourite version: pool rock paper scissors. We both stand a few meters to the side of the pool, then play rock paper scissors. The loser advances one step towards the pool. Eventually, the player who has lost the most is forced to jump in.
    The worst of the cold is supposed to break around lunchtime. Earlier this morning though, we were colder than Antarctica, Alaska, or base camp at Mt. Everest.
    Couple spots beat out Mars.
This discussion has been closed.