Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In reality, there is a decent possibility that they are about to shoot themselves in the balls.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
Yep.

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    Just watched AOC and Sen Markey roll out the Green New Deal.

I am impressed and heartened by how much support they've put together already. I hope it snowballs and becomes a top tier voting issue.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    edited February 7
    But, but... Aren't you worried about the democratic party moving to the far left?
    edited February 7
    NOTHING CAN STOP MY RADICAL DESIRE TO NOT BE DEVOURED IN THE COMING WATER WARS!
    Whatch'all got going on this weekend?
  • KimKim Posts: 582
    Getting fucked out of my mind with shrimp and that is all. It’s 12 out and I’m staying in
    Check out secret cause I’m aching right now
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    Whatch'all got going on this weekend?

Scout shit. Kids' bday party shit.

On a positive note, I had to buy some new professional attire for my gig at A Tried & True company and I happened to walk into a store having a clearance and got two suits and a bunch of dress shirts for less than my interview suit cost. I'm feeling pretty dapper, which is not a thing a person who usually wears combat boots and band/movie tees usually gets to say.
    Good for you Jeff! I’m so glad you have a new job! Enjoy your time with your family
    In Faust's Miss Fortune, around the 14th minute, there's a section that freaks my cats out.
    I'm gonna go see the 2019 Oscar Nominated Animated Short Films today. They've got 'em in a special presentation at my local theater.
    Hoping that makes it our way. It usually does. Good stuff?
    Just back to work. Gave myself an ice day yesterday. I'm in that golden period of my life where I don't like to fall down.
    Falling down at <13: no biggy.
    Falling down from 13-22: so embarrassing, but I'm fine.
    Falling down from 22-32: FUCK, that hurt.
    Falling down from 32-42: Chrissakes, do I need to go to the hospital?
    Falling down from 42-62: I need to go to the hospital.
    Falling down from 62 and up: possible death.
    The animated shorts were fun. You've already seen the best one from last year, likely: Bao, the one that showed before Incredibles 2. There was an honorable mention one they showed about a pirate, a monkey, and a magic treasure chest that was pretty awesome though, and a Russian one called Tweet Tweet that straddled the line between bittersweet/sentimental and abstract.

I'm going to see the live action ones today.
    Velvet spider named after Lou Reed found in Europe for the first time
    Scientists bestowed the name on these spiders because they are known as velvet spiders (thanks to their furry bodies) that live underground.
    edited February 12
    Just back to work. Gave myself an ice day yesterday. I'm in that golden period of my life where I don't like to fall down.
    I fall on my butt at least once or twice every winter. Usually while I'm shovelling my driveway.
    Hurts, right?
    It depends how I fall.

Wifey finds it hilarious.
    edited February 12
    The least depressing live action short nominee is about a dying old lady.

They are a ROUGH batch. The other four all involve tragedy/death and kids.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    Sounds like a rollicking great way to get more depressed. Right now, I need shit to be as light and mindless or super trippy as possible.

Lately, when the customer service people ask if they’ve answered all my questions, I’ve been saying stupid shit like, “At least all of them I had about -fill in the blank-.“ I don’t know why I’ve started doing that. Must be because I’m old.
    Do you ever get responses that make you feel like the service people are alive with their lights on? Or do they stick to the script?
This discussion has been closed.