Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

we've been able to observe in person and in real time how deregulated capitalism operates

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 582
    More
    E31F9E55-F608-4A38-B63F-495720C66C18.png
    640 x 1136 - 504K
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    It's funny that everyone is, at least publicly, trying very hard to sound cool and relax.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    12803172_749695368499838_615159544917779694_n.jpg
    479 x 480 - 24K
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    Interesting, Kim. Not sure I've ever heard of Dangerbird.

Looking forward to seeing them next month. They are playing a very small spot in Baltimore.
    Not next month... in June. Same diff. Time isn't holding up. Time isn't after us.
    Same as it ever was.
    edited March 4
    OH. MY. GAWD. Luke Perry's dead!

Oh, and that weirdo who sang for The Prodigy also died.
    Just waiting on the third one now. Hopefully nobody good.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    edited March 5
    This crossed my mind today:

If Jesus died for our sins, shouldn’t the job of good Christians be to go out and make it worth his while? Seems like they’d have an obligation to sin as much as possible. Otherwise, what the fuck was the point?
    edited March 5
    Unfortunately, it's way more fucked up than that, Moe. See, Jesus died to cleanse us from original sin, you know, that deal with Eve and the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and all that shit.
    Just waiting on the third one now. Hopefully nobody good.
    King Kong Bundy.
    Tied with Sara Womweber, the drummer of Let's Active
    edited March 5
    Tied with Sara Womweber, the drummer of Let's Active
    Bummer. I'll spin Cypress today, in memorian.
    I left that record label because he was issuing bogus royalty statements under my name. They are the only record label in Indy and really besides Secretly Canadian and Jagjaquar in Indiana. I kind of got black balled. So I’m glad they are getting called out for it. Richard Edwards formerly of Margot and the Nuclear So and Sos said Joyful Noise stole a record from him and they have accounting issues which vindicated me. Karma for ripping bands off. Not like they make a lot anyway
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    Bummer. I'll spin Cypress today, in memorian.
    I have to admit I don't know any of their stuff. I'll spin "Left of the Dial" though, which is about them.
    edited March 6
    80s jangle pop, a bit in the vein of early REM, but a bit more power pop. Mitch Easter, their frontman, produced a couple of REM records, that's how I heard of Let's Active.
  • pogopogo Posts: 31
    Hey! Mo we’re moving to Denton this weekend! Everyone is invited to come visit, we’ll actually have space now
    Too bad the scene is dead!
    Is that the place where everybody drinks cough sizzurp and plays music at half speed?
    This is job is so much better than my last one that I am going back and forth between being embarrassed I stayed at the other one so long when stuff like this exists and feeling like maybe there has been some kind of mistake and I do not actually belong here.
    They drink fancy pants beers and play mostly lame folky music now. It’s got to be an improvement from our neighborhood now though
    Ah. It's probably been 15 years since I've been. It was a highly psychedelic experience back then.
    Nice Jeff!! Don't let impostor syndrome get you down.

WE ARE ALL IMPOSTORS.
    Hi Pogo! At least Denton still has Baptist Generals, right? I love that band.
    WE ARE ALL IMPOSTORS
    BRB, getting t-shirts made.
    Band name!
    What will the title of the next thread be? Mmmm...
    I booked the Romwebbers when they first went to Bloodshot Records. Very nice people and put on a good show. Kind of odd relationship. There was a groupie “couple” (Man and woman) and before their set Dex went upstairs with the woman groupie and were doing it on the floor. The man groupie and Sara didn’t seem to care that they were together. Made for an interesting show ha
    Hi Pogo! If I can ever save some $ I will come visit in a minute. I’m starting to feel like I need to travel cause I’m getting old or will be too old .

Weird

Congrats on your move.