Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WE ARE ALL IMPOSTORS

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    edited March 26
    That looks like yet another quirky escapist feel good comedy. No need to see the movie, the trailer shows everything you need to guess the plot.

Now, you know what would really be funny? That instead of becoming a mega star, the guy went nowhere singing Beatles songs. Considering the present day state of the music industry, that would be way more realistic, I mean, the satire would basically write itself!
    DeVos blasted again for proposing cuts to the Special Olympics
    For the third year in a row, Democrats dinged Education Secretary Betsy DeVos on Tuesday for proposing to cut funds from the Special Olympics, after-school programs and support for students from low-income families.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    If you have a better way of paying for all the new religious voucher schools, I'd like to hear it.
    edited March 27
    Anyone else feeling like a large majority of the Democratic party took Barr at his word kinda quicklike? Like this has been going on so long that they're glad to have an excuse to move on to something else?

I have always had serious doubts that congress would be able to act together in response, but I sure would like to see the actual report. We all seemed real quick to be all "ok no collusion. it was all a witchhunt. lets talk about healthcare."

And I ask that genuinely. Are you getting the same vibe? Or is my filter/algorithm out of whack?
    edited March 27
    I'm totally getting that vibe. I'm not surprised, as I happen to have the feeling that this Russian shit is futile. Collusion is hard to prove. But corruption, conflict of interest and incompetence, on the other hand, are much easier.
    edited March 27
    The Maybot has said that she would resign! Yay! \:D/

But only if her Brexit deal passes. Booo. :-<
    edited March 28

Every motion loses

No deal loses 160-400

Common Market 2.0 loses 188-283

Efta/EEA loses 65-377

Customs union loses 264-272

Labour alt plan loses 237-307

Revoke A50 loses 184-293

2nd referendum loses 268-295

Managed no deal loses 139-422

— Alex Wickham (@alexwickham) 27 mars 2019

The way for ward is now crystal clear! :-j
    edited March 28
    I haven't forgotten the shit that British tories and their right wing media said about southern Europe after the 2008 crisis. Words like "failed states" and acronyms like "PIGS" (Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain) were in common usage back then.

Therefore, I can't help feeling a certain glee at the complete shambles they've created! And they did it themselves, without help from a tottering world economy! Bravo!
    I now understand The Guardian headline going around.

no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no
    My state just enacted a $15 minimum wage! Had to override a veto which makes it even sweeter.

We're a pretty solidly blue state but we have a Republican governor, so basic stuff sometimes takes a struggle.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    The Guardian headline going around
    ??
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    You guys you guys you guys!

THERE IS A NEW MEKONS ALBUM!
    You guys you guys you guys!

THERE IS A NEW MEKONS ALBUM!
    My boy Steve on the drums!
    edited March 29
    R.I.P. Agnès Varda. She was 90. But bummer anyway.
    Oh good another ignorance hole I can fill. She is popping up all over my feed. I only know that last movie that got a lot of coverage. Time to bone up!
    edited March 29
    Watch Sans toit ni loi (in english: Vagabond), it's probably my favourite of hers.
    mmk.
    What's the weekend plans, everybody?
    We have a dear old friend in town that I have not seen in 15 years or so. Doogie Howser type smart dude who I thought was destined to be an amazing author, but wound up becoming a medical doctor instead.
    Interesting bit, he and S_______ dated for a while way back in the day.

After they broke up, she got into a relationship with a woman and he realized that he was gay. It was all amicable, but the popular joke at the time was that the relationship was so horrible that they both were ruined for the opposite gender.