Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy birthday, Daniel-san!

13»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    I got my first new phone since my 2015 model Google Nexus 5X. My favorite feature is how if I type a word it just appears. I don't have to curse at my locked screen and make bargains with the gods for two minutes afterwards.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    What all did you get?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    edited May 2
    to be clear.. I actively dislike him in the context of the presidency right now. I got no personal beef.
    I think he's a breath of stale air. The only thing he has going is that he ain't Goofus Doofus Potus.
    What all did you get?
    I have an old el cheapo motorola something or other that I got because wifey insisted. Prepaid phone: one hundred canuckistani rubbles per year and no data. It's more than I need. And I'm always forgetting it at home and getting in trouble.
    I got a Xiaomi Mi A2, a Chinese made phone that runs the latest version of stock Android, no cruft. They run about $170 and are ridiculously decent for that price.
    Nice. Yeah, S____ and I both agreed that this would be our last high end phone (Pixel 2). They are just too fucking expensive. Give me a decent battery and run Android reliably and I'm good. Google and Samsung are now running the same posh game that I never liked about iPhones.
    One exception. If someone offers a dual-lens camera that supports 3D video. I will be powerless to say no to that.
    Cap, just look for the Android One phones. Those are the ones where they promise the newest version of stock Android for two years after release.
    I was originally planning on using this as a stopgap until Google puts out a 5G Pixel. But now I don't think I care. This little guy works great. I'll just get a new one of these every 18-24 months.
    Oh right. 5G is coming up around the bend, right?
    What's y'alls weekend deals?
    No fellahs this weekend for us. For a very happy reason though. After numerous contractor and inspection delays they are moving back into their house!!

It burned down nearly one year ago to the day. They've been in a hotels and small apt since then. So they are super siked.
    Oh man, I had no idea that was still going on

Good for them. That has to have been chaotic.
    We're having some folks over for mimosas on Sunday. We used to do this with our friend group on the regular before that petered out. We've invited a revised batch in hopes of getting it going again.
    edited May 5
    Mimosas on sunday? I'm in! Or I would be if you guys lived nearby.
    Our place is a mess. The kitchen should be finished next week. In the meantime, it's decisions, decisions, decisions...