Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super spiked!

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,939
in Main
Happy Monday, people.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 2,939
    I realize he's a little folkier than y'all usually go for, but the new Todd Snider is my current fave.

Some lyrics:
    Talking blues are easy to do
    All you gotta rhyme is a line or two
    Rhyme a line or two and then
    You don't ever have to rhyme again
    See? I can say whatever I want to now
    You know, within reason
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 1,924
    Metafolk is the new vanguard.
    We saw Shazam over the weekend. It was funnier, lighter, and more about wish fulfillment for little kids than most super hero movies, which was nice, if inessential.

I wish they'd let the people who made that one take over Superman.
    More Todd Snider:
    Chain smoking cigarettes on the airplane
    You were waiting right there at my gate
    We had to pull off the highway just to find a payphone
    When that line was busy though, you know we just had to wait

Seems like day after day goes by like nothing is ever gonna change
    ONE DUDE has taken up my entire week. So many questions, delays, weird requests, pointless arguing.

On the other hand, he's buying stuff. So I guess he's cool.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,031
    So I was walking little S. to school. She doesn't really need me, she comes back home by herself, but I like walking her to school in the morn. I was sauntering along, minding my own business and then, boom, a bird crapped on my head. Second time it happened to me, first time I got hit by gull crap. This time, it was a smaller bird, I didn't see the little fucker, but it was probably a pigeon.

Little S. laughed all the way to school, made her day.
    edited May 8
    More stupid shit that made me laugh:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! A bird shitting on your head is a comedy classic.
    Hot damn. I already blew past my entire goal at work for May. Feeling pretty awesome.
    Just realized that autocorrect turned "Super siked" into "Super spiked."

Oh, autocorrect.
    Was it the annoying guy that put you over the top?
    Brakes made horrible transformer-meowing noises on Tuesday, so I had to take the day off to get them fixed. Mad about how much it cost, but it was nice having an unexpected half day off. I wrote a bunch of music, which is kinda rare these days.
    Huh. Every couple of years I run afoul of our corporate mothership. They are the most rule-conscious entity I've ever experienced and I've come to be a by-the-book guy because of that.

It happened again a few weeks ago and the crime I was accused of was very petty in my mind but was being treated very seriously. Numerous meetings were taken on what was to be done.

My manager just pulled me into her office and basically said the mothership had the facts wrong and they that were so sorry for all the trouble.

It is such a strange feeling for a corporate bureaucracy make such a plain spoken and complete admission of error. They just never do that.
    Update. S_____ got pooped on at lunch. So maybe the bird revolution has begun?
    Whew. Glad you dodged the HR bullet.

Yep, it was the tiresome guy who put me over the top.

I just got my brakes done, too. I had to listen to the screaming transformer noises for a weeks waiting for the new paychecks to give me the slack I needed.
    Screaming transformer noises are nothing compared to the sounds of two guys using a small jackhammer to remove kitchen ceramic tiles.
    And they both cost a lot of money. booooo.
    Whatch'all doing this weekend?
    Having a birthday hibachi lunch with A____. Full show with onion volcano and all. It's been years for me, so I'm looking forward.

Then his jazz band is playing at a farm after that.
    That sounds like a fine time. Not sure what we are doing. I need to get smart and figure something out for T____ for Mother's Day.
    I am enjoying Rufus Wainwright's music a lot today.
    More stupid shit that made me laugh:
    59760428_10161856049375066_538163692861128704_n.jpg
    960 x 960 - 100K
    Oh, and R.I.P. Doris Day. I only remember her from The Man Who Knew Too Much (you know, Que Sera, Sera), but it's a good movie so...
    And Tim "Dorf" Conway.
    And Tim "Dorf" Conway.
    I had to look him up. I didn't watch those shows.
    Where's Evan? He hasn't posted in a while.
    Anyone been watching the new Twilight Zone?

It's real uneven but the good ones are great. The third episode is a real cannot-miss mind blower. 1, 5, and 6 are solid. 2 is good. 4 is terrible.
    If you haven't heard Kiwi Jr I recommend them. New band drawing on the sounds of 90s indie, especially Pavement. Because we are old enough that sounding like our youth is retro.