Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super spiked!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    edited May 29
    By the way...

Not Just the Koch Brothers: New Drexel Study Reveals Funders Behind the Climate Change Denial Effort

The John Templeton Foundation is a major donator! They're one of my pet peeves: they have been funding bullshit religion-and-science-are-bffs initiatives since the 70s. Anyway, given Templeton’s attempts at selling itself as a science-friendly organisation, and the number of genuine scientists who have whored themselves to them, I'm sorta surprised that they have given money to deniers.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:

Dt83bYkVAAAqpXP.jpg
    1024 x 648 - 133K
    There should be a few Democrats who go on cable news every day and say things like "Donald Trump has brain worms from a STD and his mushroom dick is about to fall off."
    edited May 30

DOE now calling natural gas “freedom gas.” Not a joke. H/t @SStapczynski pic.twitter.com/aseZD40vNM

— Ben Lefebvre (@bjlefebvre) 29 mai 2019
    There are a lot of fart jokes on this twitter thread.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    Not as good for fart jokes, but "molecules of freedom" really hit the spot for me. That is some Dr. Strangelove shit, right there.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    "I had nothing to do with Russia helping me get elected."
    Whoopsers.
    Surely this. Etc.
    Ricky Skaggs is speaking at S_____'s conference right now. He's getting choked up talking about how much country music means to him. She says its all very touching.
    Wasn't sure if I knew any Ricky Skaggs songs, so I looked him up. He looks (or looked, rather) remarkably like Darryl from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
    I looked him up to see if he was related to Boz Skcaggs.
    Well, is he?
    edited May 30
    I've recovered my laptop! Now it has a SSD! It's fast! Welcome back, old friend (hugs machine).
    The annoying things is, because I wanted to get rid of all the useless shit I accumulated in the old version, I went clean slate: I've installed Mojave and I'm only recovering from Time Machine the stuff that is important. But that means that I have to recover a shitload of old passwords and shit.
    Ah that is a pain in the ass. Like losing your wallet.
    Ain't that the truth! Funny detail: I was repeatedly expelled from the guitar forum I frequent for being an ass to morons. And each time I signed in again using a different identity and email address. Thing is, I have no idea which email address I used the last time. I may have to restart the whole thing under a new identity.
    edited May 30
    I'm trying to import my old keychain file from my Time Machine backup, but I'm not having much success.
    Today I read that the score from HBO's Chernobyl was made entirely with field recorded sounds from an old power plant.
    edited May 31
    What It Takes to Enter the Last Remaining Abortion Clinic in Kentucky
    This is what people face when they try to get an abortion at Kentucky’s only clinic

This is not just psychological abuse, it is criminal harassment.

There is a right to freedom of speech. There are also exceptions, including for criminal conduct. This is one.pic.twitter.com/cQ3Ja0gPpw

— Rebecca J. Kavanagh (@DrRJKavanagh) 26 mai 2019
    Disgusting! These religious fanatics are not "pro-life", they're anti-choice.
    That is really fucking hard to watch.
    What y'all got going on this weekend?
    Thinking about going to an Elton John karaoke party that's happening at our local art house movie theater in connection with Rocketman opening.

But S_____ is still in Nashville and I'm not sure I know how to go out to a function by myself anymore.
    Simon and I are camping. That should have been awesome but our already waterlogged area is set to have an "extremely dangerous thunderstorm."
    eeeep. maybe don't do that then? I'm taking those warning more seriously lately. Shit getting cray.
    It's the very last scout campout of the year and we've skipped all of the others. Plus, he leaves for Romania in 11 days, so running out of chances for father-son time.
    Aw man. I hope the weather surprises you in the right way.
    He's so big, man.

And I know you get it, because we've been tight since your kids were plucky tots and now one of them is headed off to college and the other is a teen.
    But it's just not enough time. Is it?
    edited May 31
    They do grow up fast! Little S. is almost as big as her mom, and she's only 11. If she keeps it up, she's going to overtake me.

Of course, kids don't have the same perception of time, to them it all seems painfully slow.
    Little S is 11? REALLY?

Sigh.