Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some kinda society groove

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    We don't have too much going on. We'll have E____ so just out and about looking for fun. Toy Story and/or Spiderman etc.
    A_____ and three of his besties are road tripping up to Montreal on Friday. Camping in upstate New York along the way. I'm really happy for them and proud that they came up with the whole thing themselves. Baby mama is a nervous wreck, but I'm not. All four of them are smart and responsible.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    I think I shot my disclosing my weekend wad early, so I don't have much left.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    edited July 3
    A_____ and three of his besties are road tripping up to Montreal on Friday. Camping in upstate New York along the way. I'm really happy for them and proud that they came up with the whole thing themselves. Baby mama is a nervous wreck, but I'm not. All four of them are smart and responsible.
    Huzzah for A____ !

I thought about inviting him and his buddies to do something with us, but I'm quite certain the last thing they'll want is hang out with an old fart they've never met. Being away from grown ups is the whole point!

If they have a problem, which I doubt they will, they can give me a call. Check your messages, Eric.

Good luck A_____ and friends.
    I sent him your number. I really appreciate that.
    Well now my thing is going to sound way less useful but...

I did want to point out that A_____ should program the number for AAA in his phone. You can join over the phone and get a tow immediately, nearly always for less than the cost of a tow alone. So he doesn't even need to be a AAA member. He just needs to have the number in his phone and a debit/credit with ~$70 on it and he can get help anywhere.
    That is some good advice. That is literally the only time I join.
    edited July 3
    I sent him your number. I really appreciate that.
    It's the least I can do.

If they need to get bailed out of jail or a place to crash because they've been kicked out of their rooms for excessive partying, count on me. ;)
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    I’ve got about 30 of them.

I don’t have any. Say, do you need all 30 of them?

I had to move into my mom’s house while I’m getting my bathroom and hallway fixed up. The work is supposed to be finished by next weekend, but I won’t be surprised if it takes longer than that.

I’m going to see my Dallas pal mañana. We’ll probably get messed up and play sloppy guitars. I kinda learned to play While My Guitar... today, so that’ll be a new one for us to muddle through.
    I’ve been reading The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa. It’s the kinda book that’s best absorbed in small doses. I haven’t bought a book in a while, but I might end up buying this one. It’s pretty special.
    edited July 4
    I’ve been reading The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa. It’s the kinda book that’s best absorbed in small doses. I haven’t bought a book in a while, but I might end up buying this one. It’s pretty special.
    He's probably one of the greatest Portuguese writers, and one of the most important modernist poets.

Of course, he published very little when alive, died penniless at 47 of ailments related to alcoholism, and most of his writings were found, unedited, in a wooden trunk and published after his death.

edited July 4
    Talking about having too many instruments... I've changed the pickups on one of my hollow-body guitars. I have two of them, both US made Guild Starfires, one is red, the other is natural maple. The red one has a set of great pickups (called P90s) in it, but the maple one had generic sounding humbuckers that I didn't like. Great playing guitar, but hampered by meh pickups. I switched the humbuckers for a set of TV Jones HT pickups, which are a reproduction of a Gretsch Hilotron, that is, a pickup from the 50s mostly used to play rockabilly. I'm quite happy about them: not a lot of output, but very clear and pretty. They sound great with a bit of overdrive.

They were insanely hard to instal! I like to tinker, and I know how to use a soldering iron, so I've changed pickups on most of my guitars, it's something I have done often.

Regular solid body guitars typically have plastic covers that you can remove to access the electronics, it's easy peasy. But most hollow-bodies don't, so you have to access the insides through the pickup holes and the f-hole on the side. It was hard. Even after carefully watching tutorials on how to do it, and carefully thinking things through, it took me almost an entire afternoon to pull it off.

But I did it! I'm very proud of myself and I feel the need to brag.
    IMG_2626.jpg
    684 x 912 - 314K
    You should definitely check out The Book of Disquiet.
    Here is a close up of the motherfuckers:
    IMG_2627.jpg
    3648 x 2736 - 2M
    Here's my red Guild Starfire. Isn't she pretty?
    IMG_2632.jpg
    1368 x 1824 - 1M
    You should definitely check out The Book of Disquiet.
    The funny thing is, I have it. A Portuguese edition, a gift from my father. But I haven't read it yet.
    My guitar geekery killed crappity.
    LOOK WHAT YOU DID
    Fat Rice was a mixed bag. The food was nice. The service was the worst kind of "You are lucky to even BE HERE" kind of churlishness and condescension.
    Groovy guitars, man.

We found out that my mom can leave the rehab facility for 4 hours a day, so now we’re having to get her in and out of her wheelchair so she can go to her house and get loaded. It stresses me out to no end. The woman can’t even manage to stand. Getting her in and out of the car is a major event.
    edited July 8
    Say, do you need all 30 of them?
    No. I probably need 6 or 7. The others are either A) cheap bashers that I let visiting kids screw around with. B ) vintage keyboards that I need to find the right collector/keyboard-lover to take proper care of them.
    I know it’s quite early to pick, but who do you guys think will end up being the Dem candidate? I’m thinking it may end up being one that’s not being thought much about right now, like Jay Inslee. I hope it doesn’t end up being Biden.
    Which one is the biggest crackpot?
    No one comes to mind. I guess that’s good.
    I think Biden will keep polling ahead, but the true believers are the ones that vote in primaries, so I'm cautiously hopeful that a good candidate

I'm hardcore for two of them. Would be happy with another three or four. And you're right, Biden is the only one that I really just couldn't get behind at all. I'd vote for him in the general of course, but it would take industrial strength clothespins on my nose.
    I guess your actual question was who WILL win. No clue. Too much time for things to happen both with the candidates themselves and with the outside world.
    I agree. This week I'm for Harris, but not enough to donate to her campaign. I know it's ageism, but I just think Bernie is too old. Biden is old, too. What's up with the Biden tan?
  • KimKim Posts: 582
    I’m really not optimistic. I don’t think a woman, a minority, a LGTBQ, or an elderly person will win ... I kind of think the asshole will win again.

Got my glasses last Monday. Still can’t wear my contacts and the surface of my eyes are still messed up. Have to go to an eye surgeon on the 16th. I guess they have a temporary contact with an amoeba on it that clears the surface up. You wear one at a time. So they are either doing that or using a more powerful steroid. I don’t have insurance and the steroid costs $350. Anyhow I still have blurry vision. I guess that will go away when it is corrected. Hopefully because my vision is as bad as Mr. Magoo or my glasses would look like Harry Caray’s glasses if they didn’t have thin lenses now. The End
    Sorry to hear it's an ongoing process with your eyeballs. Here's hoping you get there soon.

Maybe we should try to do some kind of medicare for all type situation?
    A___ spent yesterday at Jean-Talon and Gay Village. Today is La Graine Brulee, Trois Riveieres then Old Quebec.

His favorite food of the trip so far was Ceviche.