Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain worms

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,436
    d58792ad08bb8809b7afcd37dee3645bafed736ce97732cef43bc20351412f66.jpg
    600 x 783 - 66K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,189
    I think Bernie is the best person in the race, but I'm not sure I see him as the best potential president. I like him as a disruptor, but not as much as an executive.

Still love the guy.

I love his criminal justice reform bill. A LOT.
    Do you think there's a chance that after the GOP primaries close out, some Republican senators might go in for impeachment? Once they know they can't get primaried out, may e they'd be more inclined to follow public sentiment and vote to impeach.

Still a long shot, I know.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,206
    Pretty sure Pelosi is looking to impeach by year's end, but I think your premise could work for the actual trial in the Senate.

It's hard to guess what the timing of that will be. Normally McConnell would delay it until there was no steam left, but he might get orders to speed through it, so it's ancient history by the November elections.
    Went camping this weekend and (for a short period of time thankfully) a family in the spot next to us erected a 10 foot banner with an assault rifle and the phrase "come and take it".

What kind of overriding single issue personality disorder makes you think that is a necessary step? Cape Henlopen state park is not where the civil war is going to start, y'all. We're here to play disc golf and cook burgers. Stand the fuck down.
    Cape Henlopen state park is not where the civil war is going to start, y'all.
    How can you be so sure?
    My Cassandra visions.
    My Cassandra visions.
    I don't believe you.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,515
    Maybe they really did want you to come and take it. Maybe they really hate owning an assault rifle. Just a thought.
    Hee. As the weekend wears on they add a "please" to the sign with a Sharpie.
    Did y'all see the "in my great and unmatched wisdom" quote?
    edited October 8
    Yes. I bet you president mushmelon is pissed off because someone told him that getting out of Syria was really smart and then it turned out even lickspittle republican senators are against it. It's all so confusing!
    edited October 8
    Did anyone get my "I don't believe you" joke in response to Eric's Cassandra quip? I was quite impressed with myself, but that is all moot if I'm the only one who gets it, I mean, laughing at my own jokes is kinda boring.
    I silently enjoyed it very much.
    Yes. I bet you president mushmelon is pissed off because someone told him that getting out of Syria was really smart and then it turned out even lickspittle republican senators are against it. It's all so confusing!
    He found the one and only thing he mustn't do... fuck with the war machine.
    Pat Robertson said it was such a bad decision it would cost Trump his mandate from heaven.

(Reads like a joke but totally is not.)
    Because the Kurds are God's chosen people? This is all getting very confusing to me.
    Because the Christians in the area are expected to be collateral damage in the Turkish vs. Kurdish skirmish.
    Got it. Thank you.
    edited October 9
    Predictably, the White House says it will not comply with the impeachment inquiry, thus demonstrating beyond any reasonable doubt why an impeachment inquiry is necessary.
    The term "constitutional crisis" has been getting tossed around quite a bit these past few years. I think we finally actually got one. It's a winnable game, may the good guys not fumble the ball.
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    tumblr_pz2nntUxZp1sndzdgo1_1280.jpg
    808 x 1200 - 184K
    That's by Jack Kirby.
    What's everybody doing this weekend: Accelerated calendar edition.

I'm out the rest of the week.

What for?

I'm going to visit A_____!!!!! At his fancy college and meet his fancy bookreading friends.
    edited October 9
    Ooooo! I bet you they all go around drinking imported beers and white wine spritzers and using words like "repartee"! Are you now A.'s "pater"? Or does he call you his "papa"?
    I really like the sound of that last part.
    It's sounds better than "pops", doesn't it?
    There's really a nonzero chance our democracy is ending, isn't there?
    Proposal: we tell Biden and Trump they will be in a winner take all cage match for the presidency. Once they are in the cage, we lock it. President Warren can let them out in February.