Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brain worms

124»

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    “John Bolton may be asked to testify “under oath.” “Corey Lewandowski testified under oath.”
    “Rick Perry will be testifying under oath.”
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited October 2019
    I'm sure it is not but, if I'm not mistaken, if you're caught intentionally lying, you can be accused of perjury, right?
    I’m over the Dem debates. I was into it for the first 3, but 12 candidates standing up there for the 4th debate just strikes me as ridiculous. 12 people is a discussion, not a debate.
    I was up all night with stomach problems so I decided to phone in sick. I almost never do that. I usually feel guilty about taking a sick day if I’m not legitimately ill, but I know I would’ve been useless if I had gone in. It probably would’ve made the rest of the week bloody awful as well.
    Yes, perjury. Americans can’t even agree on what counts as facts. How can you have perjury if there is no objective truth that everyone can agree on?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Yeah, it is sort of a truth serum in the respect that if we CATCH you lying under oath you can go to jail. The rest of the time, you're free to lie as much as you care to.
    Sorry about your tum tum. :(
    Its 24 hours later and my cheek is still pretty ouchy and inflamed... which of course means I'm still periodically biting it by mistake.
    Didn’t mean to make light of your cheek troubles. Dentists should warn patients about that.
    My cheex do not mind.

I managed to eat penne just now. Not al dente, but still feeling accomplished.
    Waffle was more difficult than I anticipated.
    I'm in a place called Shawinigan with a bunch of students. I'm showing them what rocks look like and what they mean, so no shit posting today. Back tomorrow!
    "this right here is what we call a rock. You can tell because of how it is."
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    So what song will you be playing in the bus on the way to the site? "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" seems the clear choice.
    Rock of Ages?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    Kind of rediscovering my love of Pernice Brothers.
    "this right here is what we call a rock. You can tell because of how it is."
    Well, they're all city slickers, so I have to tell them that brick and cement are not rocks.
    So what song will you be playing in the bus on the way to the site? "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)" seems the clear choice.
    I don't play them any of my obscure old person's music. Rather, I have to endure their stuff. And their taste is thoroughly bad. My university doesn't pay me enough.

oof.