Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waffle was more difficult than I anticipated.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,285
    Little S. is twelve today! Time flies.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,526
    Happy day, Tiny S!!
    edited October 2019
    Not so tiny anymore. She's as tall as her mom and one of the tallest girls in her school. I don't know where that comes from, no one in her immediate family is particularly tall. I guess I should cut back on her veggies.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,671
    edited October 2019
    Keep feeding her and see if you can create an Amazon warrior.
    edited October 2019
    Our S____ won't stop growing either.

The main thing with him is, he's funny. He used to make me laugh all the time when he was younger, but mostly through tasty non sequiturs. These days, he's more situationally funny, which doesn't translate as well for anecdotes but is a blast to be around.
    edited October 2019
    Little S. has inherited my ability to annoy. For instance, she keeps asking me "why" questions, often not because she really wants answers, but because she knows it bugs me. I play along: if the why question is sensible, I try to answer the best I can, or I just say I dunno. If it isn't, if it's clearly meant to be annoying, I make up outlandishly bullshit answers that usually involve elaborate conspiracies. Then she adds to my bullshit with her own bullshit and we start a fake spat: silly sports bickering involving competing conspiracy theories. It usually ends with us both in stitches. Wifey just rolls her eyes disapprovingly.
    edited October 2019
    Your kiddo sounds pretty darned likable.
    I think she is, but then again, I'm biased.
    The thing I really don't get is how public opinion in the UK has turned sharply against Brexit, even as Boris Johnson's crew still has the largest amount of support.

I mean... "please do not do the thing" and "we extend our ongoing support to the people sworn to do the thing" seem like incompatible stances, no?
    edited October 2019
    Well, the British media have spent a lot of time and energy monstering Jeremy Corbyn and Labour. And they are the main opposition party. The fact that Labour have been sending mixed signals regarding Brexit hasn't helped.
    What will happen first: self driving cars or Brexit?
    I kinda pity anyone trying to follow Watchmen on HBO who hasn't read the books. Probably entirely possible to follow without reading them, since it is a new story/pseudosequel.

But I don't know why you'd dive into a metatextual work like that without reading the prior story first.
    edited October 2019
    Grumble, grumble... I wanted to go see Bong Joon-ho's Parasite at the cinema, but wifey doesn't 'cause she thinks it might be too violent and she doesn't need that right now (her words). I haven't watched a movie at the cinema alone in, like, forever, and no one I know around these parts is into reading subtitles... Or even watching movies that don't have fucking superheroes in them.

Bummer! Maybe I'll go all by myself, like a sad lonely loser.
    Hey I'll g--

[checks drive time]

Have fun!
    That one and JoJo Rabbit are the top two on my must see list.
    E____ is insisting I go see Joker. He really enjoyed it and wants to discuss.

Might go see that solo style.

In full make-up.

Just to check the vibe of the room.
    I will be interested in your take. I've seen it praised as a character study of a man losing his mind and becoming dangerous as a consequence of societal breakdown... and I've seen it slagged as incel mythologizing.

I'm inclined to cut kids like E____ some slack even though I expect to come down more in the latter camp than the former. After all... I loved Fight Club for all the wrong reasons back in the day.
    edited October 2019
    The tv adaptation of Limetown is bafflingly bad.
    My Nattys are keeping the World Series interesting. It's the anti-homefield-advantage series.

Football and futbol have wrecked my sports watching attention span. It's taken me a long time to be able to watch baseball like I did back in my NY days.

Was finally able to watch the game last night at it's own gentle pace and not feel antsy. Just in time for the season to be over.
    By the standards of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," every game of this World Series was a shame.
    BOOOOOO!
    72073080_2469252229817843_1632082263900422144_n.jpg
    533 x 533 - 32K
    Happy birthday Tripp!
    Joyeux anniversaire, Monsieur le Troisième du Nom!
    Too old to treat or trick, too young to die.
    We're getting pretty heavy snow here, which seems just unfair to the kiddos.
    oh man. Hadn't heard about that.
    edited October 2019
    Plenty of rain and strong winds in Montreal. Halloween is postponed.