Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waffle was more difficult than I anticipated.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 1,857
    There was a storm here the other night and it caused a fuse to flip. I flipped it back on, but it only lasted a minute or two. No problem; even I can replace a fuse. Anyway, the screw that holds the panel cover to the switches wouldn't budge. I finally ended up calling someone just because I couldn't get the cover off. I really could've put that money to better use. Muthafuckin' fuse box!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,526
    BOOOOOOOOO. Sorry man.
    I think it stormed everywhere. We had some HOWLING ass winds around midnight last night.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,285
    edited November 2019
    Shit that made me chortle:

Sick burn, eh?
    We had some HOWLING ass winds around midnight last night.
    We're having some HOWLING ass winds right now! I don't think I'm going to leave home today.
    Good call.
    What are people's plans for the upcoming weekend?
    We're hosting a cocktail party tonight.
    Attending a cocktail party tonight.
    I will hopefully put the very last bits on HOME 18/19 and ship them to Dave Fridmann

On Sunday, we will see one of the following:
    Lighthouse
    Parasite
    Terminator 12
    Ghostbusters (with live orchestral accompaniment)

I vote for Parasite. I'll probably go see it alone, like a lonely loser, next Monday. Sad.
    Blimey, there are close to a million Quebecers without electrical power because of the strong winds!
    Yikes.
    edited November 2019
    Well, managed to find me a job for the winter. I'll going to help teach a geology class at the Université de Montréal, another one of the four universities in the area. I've had jobs at the other three, but this will be my first time at the U de M.

It won't pay much, but at least I won't spend winter twiddling my thumbs and living off the wifey.
    That's great!
    E____ voted for Parasite. So let's meet her Monday to compare notes.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,671
    We're going to see JoJo Rabbit tomorrow.

I also hope to see Parasite this weekend though. Dan, maybe we can coordinate our schedules so we're at least sad lonely old men seeing it alone simultaneously.
    edited November 2019
    It's playing at a local rep cinema Monday, at noon. I'll probably be watching it with a bunch of cinephile retirees.
    We loved it. And it was ABSOLUTELY not what I was expecting.
    edited November 2019
    I just saw it. I liked it. I thought it was very good, and very funny! And at the end, I got worried that he was going to ruin it with a happy ending (kind of), but no, the kid was just day dreaming. Two thumbs up!
    edited November 2019
    Parasite is a tightrope act: I spent most of the film expecting it to reach a point at which it all seems too far-fetched and ridiculous, but it never does. In spite of the outlandish shit that happens in it, it somehow never goes too far. The director manages to hold it all together.

The more I think about, the more I realize that I really enjoyed it. Usually, with most movies, things tend to go the other way around.
    edited November 2019
    And how about Gordon Sondland's "revised testimony", eh? Guffaw!
    Anybody could forget that they were the one that personally delivered the quid pro quo to a foreign government.

We all live busy lives, do we not?
    Real real happy about the Virginia and Kentucky votes yesterday. Nice going guys.

Mississippi, you still suck. sorry.
    Also, that wonderful woman who lost her job for flipping off Trump's motorcade won a counsel seat in a district that is home to one of his golf courses.

So that's a little Wednesday nice-nice for you.
    edited November 2019
    Real real happy about the Virginia and Kentucky votes yesterday. Nice going guys.
    The question is, will republican senators consider yesterday's results, Sondland's testimony, all the shit that has been going on for the last three years, etc., etc. and start weighing their options? Or will they stick with president asshole?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,671
    Looks like I'll get to see Parasite Saturday.
    Nice. Hopefully our discussion up there was sufficiently vague.
    edited November 2019
    Seems like Bloomberg may run as a democrat. Great, just what the world needs: another moderate dem candidate; another billionaire politician. 8-|
    It seems like the only votes he'll steal will be from Biden. Unless he starts polling well with moderates and republicans, and the DNC forces him down our throat.

Gonna be real real sour if he fucks things up.
    Well, at least he isn't running as an independent, like he was threatening in 2016 if Sanders got the nomination.