Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't bring myself to just go face Ganondorf and end things

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,285
    Salut!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,671
    Today I am emphatically not grateful for the person with the same name as mine (just one letter off) who works the same corporation. I got an angry text bright and early complaining that I wasn't on a call I was supposed to be on that the customer was angry and it may ruin the deal. It nearly gave me a stroke before I figured out it wasn't really for me. I had to take a Xanax to chill the f out.

Man... if you send the wrong person an "everything is ruined" text by mistake the last day before a holiday you should be legally required to send them a pie or some shit afterwards to make up for it.
    Bonus fun: remember how there was a product I was awesome at selling that got phased out, causing me to have to scramble to learn another product?

He works on that product.

So now there will be one guy with my name selling the product and another with a nearly identical name doing tech support for it.
    edited November 2019
    Maybe you should change your name! How about Raymond Luxury-Yacht? Did you know that it's spelt Raymond Luxury-Yacht, but it's actually pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove"?
    edited November 2019
    Deadly measles outbreak hits children in Samoa after anti-vaccine fears
    Vaccination rates in Samoa are among the lowest in the world, and the country has been the target of anti-vaccine activists.
    It's the sort of article that provokes compulsive head-banging against the edge of the desk. I wish I could bitch-slap certain people.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,857
    Pete Townshend: I’m glad they died before they got old.
    Today I am thankful you three goons still hang out here with me.
    edited November 2019
    Have you guys read this?

On the Phenomenon of Bullshit Jobs: A Work Rant
    by David Graeber

The author then wrote an entire book on the subject. I'm reading it. It's fun! Recommended.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,857
    Happy Remembrance of Indigenous People Annihilation day!
    Today I am thankful you three goons still hang out here with me.
    I love you too, Jeff. No homo.

Well, maybe a little bit homo.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2019
    Hey it's working on my computer again!!

WHAT"D Y"ALL AMERICANS DO FOR THANKSGIVING WEEKEND?!?!?!

Qu'est-ce que les non-Américains ont fait ce week-end?!?!?!
    Sounds right.

I am warming up yet another round of leftovers as we speak.

Not tired of it yet.
    Kim, so sorry to hear about Lil' Bub. :(
    Qu'est-ce que les non-Américains ont fait ce week-end?!?!?!
    Nous n'avons pas mangé de la dinde. Et nous n'avons pas donné grâces au tout puissant.
    What happened to Miss Kim? And who's Lil'Bub?
    Lil Bub is a famous cat that passed this morning. Kim worked at Joyful Noise when Lil Bub put out her album.

Rest in peace, Lil'Bub.
    edited December 2019
    Mass media music reviewers have begun publishing their best-of lists. And because it's 2019, they're doing both annual and decadal lists.

I have observed that these lists, which should be, I think, subjective and therefore very personal, tend to be more similar than they are different, which is curious, considering how much music is now easily accessible...

If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would blame payola. I'm not, so therefore I'll just blame intellectual laziness and the need to conform. If you write for, say, the New Yorker, you'll probably tailor your list in order to appeal to what you think New Yorker readers like, know what I mean?
    Yes, I think certain writers and publications still hold sway. If Pitchfork gives an album a 10, all the smaller writers probably don't want to risk roasting it for fear of being on the wrong side of history.

Which leaves the question of how are the tastemakers kept in line. Probably more with access than with piles of cash.
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I'm sure all the MAGAs are going "Oh noes, furriners laff at our preznit! I'm mortified!" 8-|
    Isn't it odd how the "Fuck your feelings" crowd that likes to call us snowflakes can have a meltdown because someone says a kid's name (not even derisively)?
    edited December 2019
    Jeff, isn't it obvious? I mean, they're just "telling it as it is"! They just want to "own the libs", you now? If if they sound like Nazis, well, it's because your PC cuck snowflakery has pushed them to extremes! 8-}

Whatever you do, it's your fault.
    What are yuns doing this weekend?
    Mostly quiet for us. The big event will be the world premiere of a new A____ string quartet tomorrow evening. It's going to be streamed. I'm going to be in my kitchen wearing a coat and tie.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIMBO!!
    We're going to see Knives Out tomorrow. That's mostly it. Cousins coming next week, so we will be holding our nut until then.
    That looks enjoyable.