Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don’t usually voice my diabolical thoughts.

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited April 12
    The US is now number one in absolute numbers of deaths from Covid-19. 'Murica, fuck yeah!

Sure, in relative numbers (per 100 000 inhabitants), Spain Italy and France got it much worse, but they have their shit increasingly under control. The US, well, not so much. Also too, you got plenty of wingnuts and Jesus freaks that don't understand the situation or that downright deny its seriousness. For instance, it seems that the governor of Florida is keeping churches open for Easter.
    200.gif
    267 x 200 - 307K
    edited April 12
    You guys know this, right? I keep mentioning it because I have the impression that your big news media is fucking out of touch with reality.

As in "Critics contend that Trump's response to the pandemic has been less than perfect. Others disagree", know what I mean?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,307
    Yes, I do. I fear Gov. Abbott is going to send teachers back to school May 4th.
    In other news: I can play that song that was giving me problems at 90 bpm with just a few mistakes. Hamburger plays it a bit faster, but I'm getting there. Maybe I'll be ready to move on to the next lesson in a week or two.

There are only two more lessons/songs on this video.

In other news: I can play that song that was giving me problems at 90 bpm with just a few mistakes. Hamburger plays it a bit faster, but I'm getting there. Maybe I'll be ready to move on to the next lesson in a week or two.

There are only two more lessons/songs on this video.
    Bravo! Keep at it! Is that one of the True Fire videos?
    No, It's this homespun.com video.
    US's global reputation hits rock-bottom over Trump's coronavirus response

I dont consider this to be a good thing. I don't want China nor Russia rushing in to occupy the vacuum left by the US.
    What’s to be done? The damage may be mitigated a bit if Trump isn’t re-elected. I don’t think the rest of the world will forgive the US for electing Trump for at least a generation.
    Last night, I lay in bed and listened to the Dream Syndicate’s new album. It wasn’t anything like I expected. It’s really trippy and took my mind on a nice little journey.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,046
    People really really like being racist. I do9n't know if Trump will actually lose.
    And then there’s the Tara Reade sexual assault story.
    It's gonna get really gross, the next presidential election will. It's going to be disgusting.
    edited April 13
    The mathematician John Conway died last Saturday of complications related to Covid-19.
    Chicken: I'm a chicken, and I'd like Bob Dylan to know that I find the idea of Murder Most Fowl to be quite offensive.
    edited April 13
    You know, when I heard Bob Dylan was putting out a song about JFK's murder I went: "ok boomer".
    Dylan is technically pre-boomer.
    Sure. By about 5 years. 8-|
    Roll your eyes at me, will ya?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,767
    oh boy. heeeeere we go.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,046
    A Tried and True company has pretty nice offices, but no one ever walked into my cubicle, handed me an omelet, and kissed my neck.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,767
    A Tried and True company has pretty nice offices, but no one ever walked into my cubicle, handed me an omelet, and kissed my neck.
    You might need to reach out to HR. Sounds inappropriate.