Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Birthday, Daniel-san!

124»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,677
    =D> =D> =D> =D>
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,293
    So, you know I'm a fan of Dan Perkin's Tom Tomorrow and Tomorrow World cartoons, right?

Here's this week's cartoon, with a comment by the author:
    This was supposed to be a cartoon about the rise and fall of Trump’s fixation with hydroxychloroquine, but literally minutes after I finished writing a first draft, he held his now-infamous press briefing and mused aloud, "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.” I’ve had to rewrite a lot of cartoons at the last minute over the past three years, as Trump does something dumber than you would have imagined possible up until the moment he actually does it, but this may be the first time he literally acted out a cartoon-in-progress before my eyes.
    TMW2020-04-29color.png
    915 x 855 - 221K
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,530
    Happy Monday everyone!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,530
    It was a fun weekend. Home IX turned 25 and we had a whole mess of people covering songs from it. It's on FB now, but I'm going to make a YouTube page if anyone is interested in the shenanigans.
    Make it a youtube page!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,860
    (Raising hand) I’m interested!
    I had to attend another work Zoom meeting. I hate using Zoom or FaceTime or anything that forces me to see how old I look.
    Not keen on mirrors then?
    No, not really into mirrors these days.
    edited April 27
    The Quebec government is going to gradually open primary schools. They are going to open schools in less affected parts of the province on May 11th. Montreal schools won't open before May 19th.

I really fucking hope they know what they're doing.
    Texas is kinda starting to open stuff. Who needs more testing anyway?

How do the Dems solve a problem like Tara Reade?
    edited April 27
    Shit! I thought Pol Potus had decided to stop doing his bullshit briefings! He just can't shut the fuck up, can he? Asshole!
    Trump is trying to encourage governors to reopen schools:

“Some of you might start thinking about school openings, because a lot of people are wanting to have the school openings. It’s not a big subject, young children have done very well in this disaster that we’ve all gone through,” he said. While addressing Vice President Mike Pence, Trump added that it’s something “they can seriously consider, and maybe get going on.”

Is it lost on these people that kids have parents and often times grandparents living at home? That some kids have underlying health conditions?

Most of the governors won’t do it, but there may be one or two that really want to please Trump or state business leaders who help them win elections.