Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No, not really into mirrors these days.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
edited April 2020 in Main
Yeah, I look into one and I'm like "who's the baldie?"

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Unemployment finally came through. Although it wasn't the retroactive amount I was hoping for. Still...
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Better than a kick in the nads, right?
    edited April 2020
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I think you killed Crappity.
    Of course you saw Mike Pence bopping around the Mayo Clinic without a mask. Of course you found yourself (just for a sec?) hoping he gets the virus.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Did y'all see where the governor of Kentucky, in his daily briefing, ranted for several minutes about the jokester who filed for unemployment benefits under the name Tupac Shakur... Only to have to come back and apologize the next day, because, uh, that's that guy's real name.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    73cb871d85ee71514d287d7b4dc827fd4cadd6b1f3b4dbce4cfe46001246bfc4.jpg
    519 x 778 - 73K
    edited April 2020
    Did y'all see where the governor of Kentucky, in his daily briefing, ranted for several minutes about the jokester who filed for unemployment benefits under the name Tupac Shakur... Only to have to come back and apologize the next day, because, uh, that's that guy's real name.
    Why is a governor ranting about that during a daily briefing in a time of crisis? Fucking wingnuts, eh? They can't stand that there is such a thing as "unemployment benefits". I'll bet you the governor's fevered imagination is filled with images of "welfare queens" and stereotypes about "lazy niggers".
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited April 2020
    He's not a wingnut at all. He's a Democrat and pretty okay, generally.

His hobby horse is "Stop being dumb assholes while I am trying to help you." Normally this comes in the form of him shaming people who hold parties or stage brick stupid protests.

He tried to branch out and made a fool of himself. He had the decency to call the guy and apologize then go over it publicly the next day.

It's less a Wingnut Being a Wingnut story and more a Being Good Is Hard story.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I was wondering about the "publicly apologizing" part. That just did not compute with my usual expectations.
    Maybe he should run for president.

I’m not all that confident that Joe can beat Trump.
    The move to take Bernie off the ballot in NY makes it really really fucking hard to want to unite behind the DNC for me.
    edited April 2020
    The move to take Bernie off the ballot in NY makes it really really fucking hard to want to unite behind the DNC for me.
    The only thing left to do now is nominate a "moderate democrat" nobody with the charisma of a slug for vice-prez! Huzzah for the lesser evil!
    edited April 2020
    He's not a wingnut at all. He's a Democrat and pretty okay, generally.
    Ah, ok. I assumed he was a wingnut 'cause Kentucky and Tupac. Sure, the fact that he apologized shows that he isn't a wingnut.

One doesn't need to be a repug to be a wingnut, but it helps.
    edited April 2020
    I hope I'm wrong, but I don't take very seriously the economists talking about "V-shaped recoveries", you know, we lose millions of jobs overnight but then we just get them back again in 3 months! Yeah, sure.

We have an economy, both in Canada and the US (but it's worse in the US) where a large proportion of the population is living one minor disaster away from ruin. There is no bouncing back from this quickly. Best case scenario is that even more people are going to be strangled by debt forever, on top of a lot people already being strangled by debt forever. The economy is fucked up and bullshit, and you can't just turn the lights back on and go on as before.

(nodding at all of this)
    The next half trillion going to businesses will not have the protections against using it on dividend buybacks and executive bonuses.

So... we bout to get mugged a-fucking-gain.
    Hey did you know that Elon Musk is a fucking idiot? I've known it for a while now, but it's always good to make sure.

Elon Musk criticizes coronavirus stay-at-home orders, calling them 'fascist'
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    94688967_10222944194337439_6114855783831175168_n.jpg
    508 x 382 - 29K
    The concept of fast-tracking a vaccine makes me uneasy.
    A lot is probably wrong with Musk, but he’s not an idiot. He just doesn’t care who gets sick and dies as long as it’s not him.
    edited April 2020
    I call him an idiot because he doesn't seem to know when to zip it.
    He probably drinks too much.
    I get the impression he does futuristic designer drugs that only hyper-wealthy people have access to.
    edited April 2020
    Nah, I reckon he's the kind of guy who spends a small fortune on mediocre weed and then endlessly brags about it.
    Futuristic designer drugs? Yes please.
    Hype is half the buzz!
    I'd like to be the judge of that.
    Seen on the net this morning:
    Multiple armed gunmen storm Michigan’s State House …

Heard some wag the other day refer to these groups as the “Branch Covidians.”