Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ZOOM! ZOOM! ZOOM!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,772
edited May 11 in Main
Good morning, fellow disease vectors!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,772
    TMW2020-05-13color.png
    915 x 860 - 202K
    Seen on the internets this morning:
    "It's like being sixteen again: gas is cheap and I'm grounded."
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,308
    Good morning. I actually got myself out of bed before 11:00. Now I just have to resist the urge to go back to bed.
    edited May 11
    Hey Ev! How's the guitar playing?
    I guess it’s ok. I went back to another video I’ve had for a while that was too difficult for me before. I’m learning to play these songs without really learning to play guitar, if that makes any sense. I should probably make time to practice with a pick, too, and not just with my fingers. I should probably learn to play a scale or two. It’d be cool to be able to play a guitar solo at some point.

I’m definitely not ready to jam with real musicians.
    Scales are important but, for soloing, I find arpeggios more useful.

You should learn a bit of theory, Ev! There's plenty of instruction regarding that on True Fire. Their "Street theory for guitarists" course covers a lot of ground.
    Groovy. I’ll check into that.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,767
    A__ had his new piece World Premiere on Saturday night at the CMU Composer's Concert.

It's here if you're curious.
    I watched it Saturday night.
    Whatever happened to that Home thing you were going to post a link to?
    I watched it Saturday night.
    Aw. Thanks so much for showing up.

In the middle of the Random Rainbows run, Sabine emerged as the lead singer and started writing all her own lyrics. Aaron just sort of backed off from it completely. His follow up stuff was all instrumental progjazz and neoclassical stuff. So I was glad to see him stretch that muscle again. (even if I'm not a huge fan of that formalized operatic style).
    Whatever happened to that Home thing you were going to post a link to?
    It's still gonna happen. I've just bitten off a lot of projects (the vinyl album, a new podcast, mixing/mastering all the bonus 18 tracks, shooting a fox puppet movie for a local puppet theater). So everything is going a bit slower than I'd like. Will def share when it's up.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,048
    That all sounds very cool!
    Sorry if I came across as impatient or demanding. It certainly wasn’t my intention. Now, enough of your excuses, Morrison. I want to be entertained and I want it now!
    edited May 12
    Season three of Westworld manages be both deadly boring and fingernails on a chalkboard out of tune with the world mood. It's grim and dystopian and joyless.
    The curse of the 3rd season.
    I must say, Covid-19 has been a huge disappointment! Not one person on my list has died from it!
    Season three of Westworld manages be both deadly boring and fingernails on a chalkboard out of tune with the world mood. It's grim and dystopian and joyless.
    Bummer. The trailer made it look like they were trimming back the complexity and just going to pew!pew! town. Which, I honestly would've been kinda cool with. Hott robots giving their gods what they deserve.
    You know what you never hear about when they tell the story of the London Blitz? They never talk about the middle class schmucks who had to hear from their bosses every day that they weren't producing enough.
    I assume it's because you're not warriors with guns?
    Warriors without weapons
    Or armor
    Lost my aunt yesterday. She was battling cancer for a year, so it was one of those situations where everyone just sort of felt relief that she was no longer in pain.

Funny ass lady. Loud and redheaded.
    Sorry, Eric. That sucks.

I’ve always had a thing for redheads, loud and quiet ones.
    So it seems like Repugnicans are sick of listening to scientists. What makes these epidemiologists think they’re so smart?
    Dan, we're likely going to call the collection of Home 18 b-sides "Deuxeme partie". (with an accent over the second e). It googles ok, but just wanted to be sure it wasn't a clunky or poor grammatical translation.
    "Deuxième partie" meaning "second part" or "second round" or "part two", right? Sounds perfect to me. It's not clunky and the grammar is correct.
    edited May 14
    So it seems like Repugnicans are sick of listening to scientists. What makes these epidemiologists think they’re so smart?
    Nothing new, repugnicans have been sick of listening to scientists for decades! Evolution and climate change come to mind. Books have been written about it.
    "Deuxième partie" meaning "second part" or "second round" or "part two", right? Sounds perfect to me. It's not clunky and the grammar is correct.
    merci!