Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It’s a lumbercat.

124»

Comments

• matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    "You guys, I crushed that interview. Follow up interview is Monday."
    What's the job?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    More corporate telecom sales stuff.
    Ah.
    This seemed very "Dan"
    101870867_1389247111276040_8003025893662392320_n.jpg
    828 x 299 - 20K
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    What?! Matt, are you implying that I'm some kind of nerd? HOW DARE YOU?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited June 4
    Court Fines Trump Bunker Boy $2 Million for Diverting Money From Veterans Fundraiser to His Campaign

I guess that, in more normal times, shit like this would be a big deal. These days... Meh.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Congrats on the interview, though we all knew you’d be great.
    That story is from November. It came and went. Nothing sticks to this man.
    edited June 4
    Third interview is Monday Wednesday. Monday has a A Tried and True Corp all hands on deck town hall about reorganization. I may need this job.
    It's heartening if peculiar to see niche subcultures getting into the spirit of the protests.
    IMG_20200604_151809.jpg
    400 x 400 - 44K
    That is some scary stuff. One of the most disturbing parts was the cops laughing at the woman who was asking for her inhaler.
    Also-
    R.I.P. The Sweet’s Steve Priest. I remember Tripp telling me The Grifters we’re rehearsing a cover of Ballroom Blitz for a show somewhere. I was bummed out that I never got to hear it.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    We've had a rough couple of days. S____'s dad took a very hard turn for the worst, health wise. We had to make an emergency trip up to Bethlehem so she could say good bye. It was difficult for her to see him as bad as he was. The first day he was in such monumental pain it was difficult to connect with him. The second day, they upped his meds and he was pretty conked out. He could only raise his eyebrows when she spoke to him. He heard her but did not have the strength to open his eyes or respond.

We came home yesterday afternoon and he passed last night. Right now she's calling all of the siblings to let them know.

Fuck you 2020.
    PMAs for S. That must be gutting her.
    Sorry to hear that, Eric. I honestly never know what to say at these times and I feel even more at a loss of what to say now that I have experienced loss myself. I would have thought I would have learned something from it, but all I know is that it's been almost a year and I still don't feel any better or even know how to talk about it. There's just no answers, it just sucks.

<3
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Thank you Matt. Love back at you. I hope it scars over someday for you.