Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I check the Covid death stats or the police brutality stories first?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good mourning, comrades!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Just read about S_____'s dad. That fucking sucks. I'm thinking about you guys.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    It's been a weird week. I did not have Spoiled Teen Niece Jumps into the Shit with BLM on my 2020 bingo card, but there it is.
    So what are we doing this weekend, gang?
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Friday nights are Freaks and Geeks night at our house. We're gonna order vietnamese takeout. I've got the backyard set up to host little garden parties so we've slowly been getting the gang back together and hanging in the backyard. Dan Ball, Chad and his gal. So far we haven't been able to get Kate out. I'm worried we won't see her again until there's a vaccine.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Eric, sorry to hear about S___’s dad. I hope she’s ok.
    I would love to see Kate again. I would love having a group of Friday night friends to hang out with. Ryan and Karen are about an hour away and my Dallas friend is about 45 minutes away. I would love having friends who lived in the same city as me. Outside of the time I spend hanging out with my mom, I live a pretty solitary existence.

I feel like I’ve posted something similar several times before.
    The hot weather is upon us now in DFW. The 10 day forecast predicts that we’re going to be in the upper 90s and may move into triple digits sometime next week.
    And just read about another black man being murdered by arresting officers.

I understand that being a cop is a stressful job, but it shouldn’t be all that difficult not to murder people while they’re in police custody.
    There’s another Home 18 album in my Spotify ‘New releases for you’ section!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Ha. Yes, today was to be the big reveal of Home 18: Part 2. It's another batch of songs recorded at the same time.

We decided the vibes weren't right this week, but you can't stop streaming services once the wheels are in motion. So we're just not announcing it.
    Sweet
    It's the perfect time to release it! First listening was great. Playing it again and chilling on my sofa.
    Talking about Home 18: I got it, Eric. Thanks! And thank you for the extras too!
    It's the perfect time to release it! First listening was great. Playing it again and chilling on my sofa.
    Aw. Thanks! It skews toward the weirder stuff we were working on.
    Talking about Home 18: I got it, Eric. Thanks! And thank you for the extras too!
    Yay!! Thanks for picking it up!
    edited June 2020
    By the way, not to nitpick, but the address was written Av. Charlamange. I thought that was funny!

It's Charlemagne, like the Steely Dan song and the king of the Francs.
    That was my subtle dig at all things French. Thanks for picking up on it.
    edited June 2020
    We got a surprise a couple of days ago: the Montreal SPCA called us asking if we had lost a cat. I'm like "uh, nope, they're all here".

The woman then told me they had a cat with a RFID chip that was registered to our telephone number: a small aged gray female, about 14 to 15 yers old. I asked her "is she polydactyl ?" Yes! I called my wife: "dear, the SPCA found Galipette!"

When my stepdaughter moved away, 8 years ago (I repeat, 8 years ago!), she took her cat with her. As it's often the case after a relocation, the cat ran way. Apparently, she escaped through a window that was accidentally left open. We looked for her, to no avail, and we gave up ever finding her. We hoped she had been rescued and adopted by someone.

Eight years later, a little old lady found her in the street and brought her to the SPCA. No idea where she was all this time. I'm certain she wouldn't have lasted long as a stray. She's in pretty good shape, except that her teeth are ruined, probably the result of a diet rich in canned cat food. We're probably keeping her, unless stepdaughter wants her back.
    That's a happy story! I like that.
    Apparently, in a speech about job numbers, Trump said the following about George Floyd:
    “Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing happening for our country. It’s a great day for him, a great day for everybody. It’s a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality."
    I guess the protesters can all go home now.
    edited June 2020
    Fun fact: athough there has been a nationwide uptick in the number of emplyed, African Americans and Hispanics actually saw their jobless rate go up again in May.
    So, it’s a great day in terms of equality as long as you’re not black or Hispanic.
    His defenders are saying he wasn't saying the job numbers would have made George smle from heaven. Rather he would have smiled because the prez mentioned him and said vaguely conciliatory things.

Uh huh...
    So, it’s a great day in terms of equality as long as you’re not black or Hispanic.
    Just as George would've wanted.
    Welcome home Galipette!!!!!
    I wonder if Galipette remembers you guys...
    edited June 2020
    She's not afraid of us, but she's always a bit nervous, which is normal, she's in a new environment. We're not letting her mix with the other cats for the time being, so we're keeping her in my daughter's room. She tends to hide under the bed when we go in, but she soon comes out when we call her.
    By the way, my stepdaughter told us that she would be keeping Galipette, which is fine with me. We already have three cats.
    Do you feel like she recognized you?
    edited June 2020
    Nor particularly. I mean, she's obviously confortable being around humans, but I didn't get the impression that she recognized me in the same manner as, say, my oldest cat does.