Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It sucked a little more without weed.

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 602
    Well, Stan broke 2 ribs the other night so I'm going to fill in for him at work this week.
    I HAVE to find more ways to fill out the hours of the day. Still beautifying the back yard some. Gotten back into using my weight machine. Trying to get my gut back under control. Kinda been drinking too much beer lately.
    Last night S___ and I watched Meatballs. Annual tradition for kicking off the Summer. Are YOU ready for the Summer?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,302
    My acoustic is a Yamaha FG735S. It’s probably not a great guitar, but it has a decent tone and stays in tune.
    Sorry to hear about Stan. Falling off a dock and landing on his back, he’s lucky the damage wasn’t worse. Still, OUCH!
    One kinda work I hate doing more than almost anything else is yard work. Any outdoor labor, especially in the heat, is at the top of my I Hate Doing It list. My bro-in-law is always doing stuff to his yard. He’s been outta work for a while, so I’m paying him to get my backyard scene sorted.
    And good on you for hitting the weight machine. These days it’s very easy to get into a pattern of over-indulging in vices.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,032
    edited June 14
    M______ makes a concerted effort to stay busy and productive. I respect it, but also sort of dread it. Hey Jeff, now that you've finished a week at work, how about you do four hours of gardening with me? I mean sure, yeah, love to help. Love to spend time with you, hon. But damn. Can't I just day drink and watch horror movies sometimes?
    More power to people who feel the need to fill their lives with productivity, but I get quite resentful when they attempt to foist their approach to life onto me. I’m quite content doing as little work as I possibly can. I’m happy to pay others to do the shit I have no desire to do.
    That’s why my bro-in-law is in my backyard at this very moment. His reaction when he saw the condition of the backyard: “Wow...Shit...Wow.”
    I don’t even own any yard equipment. There’s no point.
    I’m inside drinking coffee and listening to a Major Stars album.
    Hello, nice people.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,755
    S____ has the ability to be pretty lazy. She also suffers depression, so it's sometimes hard to for me to identify what's going on from day to day.

This weekend, she asked me to tell her when I was doing the laundry and she'd come up with me and she'd put on some music and organize her closets at the same time. Basically trying to leverage my general "get shit done" inclinations.

Instead she kept finding reasons to put it off, which led to mutual inaction and now the laundry's not done.

Damn it.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,746
    Well, Stan broke 2 ribs the other night so I'm going to fill in for him at work this week.
    Ouch! Damn, poor Stan! Give him my best. Or, as we say around here: positive mind atoms, Stan!
    If I had a nice acoustic I'd be playing more.
    What does "nice"mean to you?
    edited June 15
    My acoustic is a Yamaha FG735S. It’s probably not a great guitar, but it has a decent tone and stays in tune.
    My first acoustic was an old Yamaha F180. Made in Japan in the early 70s. Found it in a pawn shop for 150 bucks. It was a fine guitar.

My practice amp is a tiny Yamaha THR10 modeling amp. It's probably the piece of gear I use the most. And I still have and regularly use an old Yamaha multi-effects unit. Yamaha makes solid stuff.
    I don't even remember how to do my job anymore. I spent all last week worrying about the new one.

Still no word. I feel good about my odds but the waiting sucks.
    Simon has completely stopped playing mandolin. Which is a bummer.
    Company town hall right now and the theme is COVID and the economy are challenging and we are rising to the challenge but to survive are going to have to be leaner and that will mean some hard decisions but we will emerge stronger than ever...

But not all of you. Like 20-30% of you are gonna be unemployed.

The stakes for this new job are high. Either I make more than ever or in five weeks I will be laid off.
    Heck, four weeks now.
    I will take any Johnny Paychecks available.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,755
    You got all of mine.
    edited June 15
    I only have one Johnny Paycheck, but he has one huge ass cowboy hat.
    b64fb872ebc9e62e36a46da87165d132--country-music-singers-country-songs.jpg
    236 x 339 - 14K
    Thanks y'all.

So what's going on in the lives of people not freaking the F out all day today?
    Lots of J.P.s for you, Jeff.

Today marks 1 week of the holiday from weed. I’m about to hop on the trampoline again.
    Trampoline hopping requires some bouncy tunes. I think I'm gonna check out The Stevens. I've read they're stuff is pretty bouncy.
    Ugh. I may have misunderstood. The recruiter says that they meant THIS Friday.