Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HIGHATUS!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
Guten morgen meine lieben!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    33660421_387530968401265_7937500747313184768_n.jpg
    480 x 480 - 40K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    edited June 19
    I might not be screwed on this new job after all. The guy hiring is on vacation. They may just need to wait until he gets back.

I sent a nice letter making my case. Maybe it will help move the needle.
    Today, Simon has two friends over, his buddy of the same age and his little brother. The younger kid does that constant high pitched shrieking while he plays thing and it's freaking my dog out.

I don't care for it much either.
    Another kid just joined them. I like him. He's Simon's best friend. Smart, kind ADHD kid. He's over nearly every day, along with another good friend who casually announced he was gay. Simon and the other friend were like, "OK, cool." Not everything gets worse.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Today’s trampoline session soundtrack was The Feelies The Good Earth. Every song on that album is a good hopping song. I remember buying that album because I read Peter Buck played on it. Maybe you don’t agree, but for me, The Feelies first couple of albums have aged better than R.E.M.’s.
    I’m glad the door’s not shut on that job, Jeff.
    Yesterday the local news guy was explaining that Juneteenth commemorates the day that slaves were finally freed. Nothing about it being the day 2 1/2 years after the Emancipation Proclamation that Texas bothered telling its slaves that they were free.
    Tried listening to the new old Neil Young album, Homegrown. It’s a downer album about the end of his first marriage, so not for me. If you’re into early 70s Neil and you’re not prone to bouts of sadness, you’ll probably like it.
    edited June 20
    Surprise new Mekons record!

The vocals on the single remind me of Hot Monkey.

edited June 20
    Weird tune. I dig it.

Amy Klobuchar kinda pulled the rug out from under Warren, eh? It’s one thing to take yourself out of the running for VP. It’s quite another to try to dictate who the presidential nominee should (or shouldn’t) pick.
    I was never all that into Warren being on the ticket, but I would’ve accepted it. He's got my vote no matter who he picks. I mean, who in the hell else would I vote for? I don’t believe he has to choose anyone Klobuchar wants, but now she’s made the race of his running mate more of an issue.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 603
    Howdy.
    Being back at the Garden District has been fun. Nice change of pace, good exercise. Good to get out and see my hometown. But at the same time aggravating because seems like most people are acting like the virus is over. Oh well, they'll see soon enough.
    This guy I know in Chattanooga has been sending me kind bud. He's a HUGE Grifters fan and sends me the stuff just because. He named his new hybrid Cinnamon Holmes.
    Thursday night S___ got home and informed me I had a flat tire. So I went out and changed it. First time I've done that with this car. Got the spare on there, lowered the car back down. The fucking spare was flat too. So I got it towed to the tire place and they put two new tires on there. Exciting stuff.
    edited June 20
    We sat on the back porch last night and listened to Juneteenth fireworks going off all over the place. Pretty cool.
    edited June 20
    S____'s uncle and his wife (both in their 70's) are moving into a new house. For some reason they needed a place to stay for 4 days while some work is being done on the new place so they asked if they could stay at S____'s mom's place. Mom is like "HELL NO you can't stay here!" So they asked if they could stay with us and don't seem to understand why they can't. So I said just tell them I have the virus and that's what we did. "We're all under quarantine so go get a fucking hotel room."
    Cinnamon Holmes! That’s quite the homage.
    I got some super dank for my mom yesterday. There was the obligatory ‘sit around and gab session’ at our...uh...shrimper’s place. Bowl kept coming my way and I just passed it on to the next person. It was very tempting, but I just have a few days until I’ve completed my 2nd week of abstaining. Plus, I figured it could weird me out, so that made it easier.

Congrats on the new tires. Do they make your car run faster and jump higher?

I’m trying to make a Jamaican music playlist without including the usual stuff. The stuff I like most is the early rocksteady and roots reggae pre-dub era. Not into crazy drum effects.
    I met a couple who aren’t right-wingers who are are anti-mask. It was surprising. I tend to have a negative reaction to people not wearing masks. These people have the same reaction to people choosing to wear them.
    Here are some disturbing stats:

Non-influenza vaccine doses decreased by an estimated 21.5% from January through April, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Publicly purchased non-flu vaccines, including hepatitis, meningitis, polio and rotavirus, were also sharply down in April, compared to this time last year.

So I suppose we can expect a rise in measles cases on top of everything else.
    I dig old Roland Alphonse.
    I just went and got tested.
    How much did you have to pay?
    I’m being gifted a piano. I don’t know how to play one, but I’ve always wanted to learn how. It’s supposed to arrive on Monday. I can’t afford lessons, so maybe I’ll need some advice about another way to start learning.

I’m gonna have to go back to work in August, so all this leisure time will come to a screaming halt. It’s really gonna temporarily stop at the end of this month. The school district has this thing called ‘exchange hours.’ It means you do hours of professional development outside of working hours in exchange for these optional days off. I don’t know why they say they’re optional days off since exchange hours are mandatory. Teachers used to be required to attend 12 hours of workshops. This year we’re required to do 24 hours. I’ve gotten 6 hours done so far, and I’ve signed up for an additional 12 on June 29th. We have a few weeks to complete each workshop, but I’m the kind of fella that just plows through them as quickly as possible. I’d like to have all the hours knocked out before school starts up again.

I’ve gotten very used to not working. I so wish I had the means to retire right now.
    Nothing. It's free in TN.
    edited June 20
    I don't know of any shortcuts to learning piano. We had one growing up. My mom is an excellent pianist and she showed me some stuff. I took lessons briefly in 5th grade. Was never very good at reading music. I would decipher sheet music then commit it to memory. But once I was in 10th grade and my sister went off to college I had the house to myself for about three hours every day after school so I would just sit and play and try to pick out stuff. I'll see if I can find you a good youtube video for beginners.
    Hey thanks, mon. That’d be swell!
    A friend of mine wanted to get tested, but it was gonna cost him over $350 so he didn’t. I think there may be a few places that do it free, but you have to stand in line for hours.
    That's ridiculous. $350??
    Now for another Father's Day and my twin rituals of feeling lucky and blissfully happy to be a dad... and low key jealous at everyone my age or older posting pictures of their still-alive dads.