Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HIGHATUS!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Plus, I still wanna practice guitar. When I have to start working again, I don’t know how much time I’ll have to devote to practicing either one.
    Exercise, reading, guitar, piano, taking care of Mom, soon 8+ hours of work a day - I wish I didn’t have to work. It just gets in the way of things I want to do.
    Why can’t the government just give us money? I only need about $3000 -$3,500 a month.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Actually, Great Balls or any early rock and roll would be a great place to start. Generally three chords and the truth.
    Advice noted. Thank you, Cap!
    Presidential debates - do we really need to do it this time?
    A presidential Zoom debate where neither fucking one of them can figure out how to unmute themselves.

Lester Holt: (sigh) it's the picture of the microphone with the slash across it.
    edited June 24
    Ha! I’m sure they’ll have younger people who understand all this new-fangled technology out of camera view and pushing the right buttons.

Just the idea of those guys talking at each other makes me so uncomfortable, I don’t think I’ll be able to watch it.

Hindsight: If Hillary had just turned around when Trump was lurking behind her and asked, “What the fuck are you doing?” I think she might’ve won the electoral college.
    I ordered some comparatively inexpensive reusable masks off of Etsy today. The one I’ve been using is getting worn out. A box of disposable masks is fairly pricey. I hope the school district doesn’t make teachers buy there own...I hope the district requires everyone to wear masks.
    That seems like such a gimme, but stupidity and corruption are so pervasive right now, I'll throw some PMAs into that wish list.
    And in Texas, as I’ve recently discovered, a person doesn’t have to be a Republican to think that wearing a mask is somehow a violation of one’s rights.
    I would think y'all would would be wearing extra large masks. 10 gallon masks even.
    It’s been a while, but I nominate that as The Post of the Day.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    Seconded.
    Many people have also pointed out the weird overlap who think our kids having lockdown drills to practice dealing with mass shooters is no big deal, but being asked to wear a bandanna while you shop at Costco is traumatizing.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited June 25
    Meanwhile, the US is experiencing its largest increase in coronavirus cases since April. It's disheartening to see how badly your government has handled this.
    In nicetime news, our local orchestra has been doing online virtual concerts. For their next one, they're doing 1812 Overture and have invited kids to send in videos of themselves popping balloons and paper bags to be inserted as the cannon blasts at the end.

And I am just terribly charmed by this idea.
    That sounds great, cap. I would watch that for sure.
    I am very, very disheartened. The contingent who argued that the Democratic nomination should go to the moderate and middling old white man bc he wouldn't inflame America's racism or sexism? That he could win in a landslide? Those people are looking like they were right.
    I was on Team Structural Change, like y'all.
    In other nicetime news, it was a pretty great Primary day.

Progressives knocked out numerous party-backed candidates in NY.

In Kentucky (who won't have final results for a week) it looked bad yesterday for Charles Booker (progressive) was 8 points behind the DNC pick, but today he surged to a three point lead. This will be the fight to dethrone Mitch McConnell, which is currently looking doable.
    I’ll believe it when I see it. I’m cautiously optimistic about the election, but I just don’t trust American voters. They’ve let me down too many times.

If you have Amazon Prime, I recommend I Am Not Your Negro. I’d thought about watching it for several months. Finally watched it last night at my mom’s.
    It's been on my list for a while too.

On the fictional side of similar territory, we just watched Blindspotting and it's fantastic.
    I just don’t trust American voters.
    Yeah. The first article in my newsfeed today was headlined "As poll gap widens, will Democrats become complacent?"

I just sighed and said "prolly."
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited June 25
    Yeah, the Dems have a knack for "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".
    I did not get that job. They told me I came in second and that they really liked me. And they are likely to hire again in August or September.

So that's something I guess.
    Sorry, Jeff. That sucks, man. (virtual hug)
    I actually believe they intend to make me their next hire. But I suspect the August/September thing is optimistic. And I bet you I get laid off before then.