Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!

captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
Please go to your fridge and eat whatever is closest to cake in it.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    Ok, I wasn't supposed to post anymore, but since its Jeff's birthday, I'll make an exception.

Joyeux anniversaire, Jeff!
    edited July 6
    I'm sorry to bring this up during Jeff's birthday, but... Ennio Morricone died. Even though he was 91, it's still a bummer.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    Thanks y'all! Matilda made me a ridiculously complicated chocolate cake with multiple ganaches, whipped cream... Honestly it's horrifying how hard she worked. Looking forward to eating it though.
    edited July 6
    Just for laughs: taste it as if you were scared of it, make a scrunchy face and then say you don't like it.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Hey, happy birthday, Jeff!!! The closest thing I have to cake in my fridge is grapes. Oh, I have bread. That’s probably more like cake.
    Dan, I check out your page almost every day. I just can’t remember everything you’ve posted. Please don’t stop. I really like that page.
    Charlie Daniels died. I guess he’s playing fiddle with the devil now.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    At least it's golden.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    Happy birthday, Jeef!
    Remember early promotional material for the World Wide Web promising an "information superhighway" and all of the world's collected knowledge at one's fingertips and a brighter tomorrow filled with self-educated people?

Well, it's finally paying off in the form of getting to witness former co-workers post 17th-century style blood libel on Facebook. Whoo!

bloodlibel2.png
    699 x 782 - 342K
    edited July 6
    Dan, I check out your page almost every day. I just can’t remember everything you’ve posted. Please don’t stop. I really like that page.
    Thanks, man, but don't worry. I was jesting.

But the rest of you, those who should regularly consult the musical section of the geek isles but don't, well, you should be ashamed of yourselves! And you dare to call yourselves music lovers?!

I fart in your general direction, that is, southward.
    Well, it's finally paying off in the form of getting to witness former co-workers post 17th-century style blood libel on Facebook. Whoo!
    Lordy!

edited July 6
    A couple of days ago, a dingbat drove a truck onto a gate closing the grounds of the Prime Minister's official residence, and then set out on foot toward the PM's home. The guy was carrying a number of loaded firearms. Apparently he uttered death threats against the PM. Unsurprisingly, it also seems he frequented far-right sites and that he's a QAnon believer.
    I haven’t even picked up my guitar in over a week. I guess I hit a wall or something. Whatever was keeping me motivated has seemed to just disappear. Maybe if I smoked my beloved plant again it’d help. I liked getting loaded and playing. Today marks a month since I stopped. On the positive side, I’m pretty sure I’m having an easier time falling asleep at night. So, where did that guitar playing bug go? Have you guys seen it anywhere around here?
  • KimKim Posts: 620
    Happy Birthday, Mr. Webber! Sounds like you had a fabulous cake.

Hope everyone is swell. I’m doing ok, Moe. I’m like you, content being single for the rest of my life. I would have very bad anxiety if I gave up my habit. Hats off to you! Is there a reason?

I had the great American hotdog challenge this weekend. I did a taste test on
    Hebrew National Hotdogs Indy
    Vienna Beef Hotdogs Chicago
    Nathan’s Hotdogs NYC

Vienna Beef won for best taste, crunchy casing and juicy. Nathan’s 2nd place and probably the most juicy.

Our President is an idiot “Covid could miraculously disappear”. I Just hope he miraculously disappears soon.

I like this band, Holy Wave from Austin. They are great live too. This is their new release

https://holywave.bandcamp.com/
    Wait... Evan, one of your coworkers posted that? Hand that shit over to the district. They need to be fired.
    Sorry Jeff. I think you're confusing me with another crappiteer.
    I would have very bad anxiety if I gave up my habit. Hats off to you! Is there a reason?
    Well, I haven't really given it up. I'm just taking a bit of a break. It was sort of an impulsive decision. I felt like it was getting in the way of being able to find a way to the other side of all my grief and anger over my divorce. Especially at night. I'd be stoned in bed and all the things that were making me unhappy would swirl round and round in my mind. I hope by not doing it for a little while, I can deal with my feelings a little better. Also, I'm tapering off of Clonazepam, which I've been on for at least 15 years. Benzos are bad news and I don't want to be addicted to this drug anymore. Stopping pot is easy. Stopping a benzo like Clonazepam is a process - a physically uncomfortable process. I'm 3 weeks into it. I probably started by cutting back too much. I went through about a week and a half of sleeplessness and feeling like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Last night, I started cutting back a little more. It may take until the end of the year to get completely off it. Hopefully, I won't do anything too crazy between now and then.
    Sounds like a good decision. Easier to deal with feelings when you’re either numb or paranoid or fixating. I’m on clonzapam too. I take 1 a day and another if needed. I have Xanax if I have a panic attack in public but I’m never in public so I don’t take it. When I stop taking it I have worse panic attacks than if I’d been on it. I’m seeing a new psychiatrist for meds cause mine retired and so did my therapist. It will be interesting to see what the new one does with the meds. I had my therapist for 20 years so I felt I didn’t need another one and no one could replace her. She retired in 2017 and I’m doing fine. She gave me a written toolbox of how to deal with my depression and anxiety. It works because I was completely honest with her about things.

Matt my oldest son is a Forestry Firefighter in the Los Banos Wildlife Refuge in California. They just started having fires and it’s like 100 degrees there. I think he balances out the heat with surfing and visiting his friends at this resort he worked at Yosemite National Park last year. He was a butcher then. It’s weird both my sons work for the Federal government, Matt for the Department of Interior and Lucas the Air Force.

I’m really bored and I like pools and the one I go to is closed this summer. Being in the sun helps my depression but it’s too hot for me without swimming.

Self isolation was easy for me since I’m alone most of the time but it’s beginning to wear on me. I think I might get a puppy since I live alone. Probably wait until the summer is over because rednecks here shoot off fireworks until Labor Day. Some idiot in my neighborhood was bragging on NextDoor App that he spent $2,500 on fireworks. What a waste of money he should have just burned the money.

Well I hope all you gentlemen are doing well :)
    I meant to say it’s easier to deal with feelings when you’re NOT numb, paranoid or fixating.

My son works at the San Luis National Wildlife Refuge near Los Banos, California. It is about 2 hours from Fresno or San Francisco.
    I’ve never found a therapist I felt helped me in any way.
    I’m on an antidepressant that I’d also like to get off of, though not right this sec. One thing at a time, right? If I’m still alive by next summer, I may try to taper off of it then. I probably need to be on something, but I don’t like the fact that I’ve been on these meds for so long. I’ve been reading about the long-term side effects of these drugs, and they’re all bad. And, I still go through depression spells a few times a year. What’s the point of being on an antidepressant if I still get depressed? Exercise seems to work better than anything else.

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Hi Kimbo!!!
    My bad. I sure did read that as being from Ev instead of Matt.

Sorry y'all!
    Could happen to anyone.
    edited July 7
    She's a former co-worker I haven't spoken to in around a decade. She's a failed actress turned hairdresser. I don't even think she still lives in the province.

Now her and all of her friends are dogpiling me and simultaneously denying "antisemitism" is a thing while making it increasingly obvious that they are all subscribers to antisemitic conspiracy theories.

Before posting the attached comment, this guy explained: "Jews are the only people who use the term anti-Semitic regularly, who cares about the root of the term. Trust me, if they found any issues with it, they wouldn't use it. It's a term they use to their advantage, just like how black people use the phrase "it's because i am black". It's meant to shut people up, dismissing their argument (even if they are right) and automatically label them as a racist. That's why the term anti-Semitic means nothing to those who are enlightened enough to see the strategy behind it (example: Dalia). You even tried to use the term to shut Dalia up, to divert her attention, because you disagreed with a post she previously made, a post that was linked to Mel Gibson."

"If you can't smell the blood, just use your eyes and look around you. Look into almost every american conspiracy theory or major crime since the early 1900's, look at the names behind almost every one of them. How can you completely deny something that is right in front of your eyes, staring you down? Oh i know how, call it anti-Semitic."

So, "Antisemitism" is not even a thing...but I dare you to research the heritage of this list of Jews I made."
    Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 3.44.59 PM.png
    442 x 619 - 192K
    edited July 7
    To quote Donut: el vomito!

Don't bother talking to these people, Matt. Either ignore them, troll them or tell them to go fuck themselves. Live's too short for this shit.
    Okay, I get word on my job Friday. Wish me luck.
    PMAs, Bitcoins in wishing wells, horseshoes, rabbits’ feet, handfuls of salt over the shoulder, and hope for getting that job, Mr. Webber!
    Good luck, Jeff!
    I never think about being Jewish since I'm not a believer, but I feel very Jewish when anti-Semites start spewing their bullshit.