Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had a cat named Jarvis because I was really into Pulp.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
Good afternoon!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Greetings!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    2020 is so messed up, it made Father John Misty sincere. He did a (totally straight) cover of Leonard Cohen's "Anthem."

• moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Nice.
    I was tempted to re-join Facebook because of feeling so isolated, but I talked myself out of it. I’m sure for a lot of people, Facebook can be a positive experience. Looking back, I don’t think I was one of those people. I remember stressing over posts, wasting time arguing with jerks, and feeling forced to engage with distant relatives and long lost acquaintances I really didn’t want to talk to. I also remember sometimes feeling really shitty after a Facebook experience. Anyway, I resisted the urge to join up again.

I’m supposed to go back to work in less than two weeks. I’m glad I have a job, but I’m a little freaked out about having to commute to Arlington at dark thirty every morning and having to put on my ESL teacher costume again. I wish I could figure out a way to have a steady income and pay all my bills without having to work.
    I have become an EPIC blocker on FB. Not just people I argue with, but absolutely any page anyone shares anything from for any reason. When people share stuff from friends of theirs I don't know, I block that too. I block all ads. I clean out all preferences/interests FB tries to log for me. If people post a meme I like, I still block the page it came from.

Putting it all together, I have FB that is increasingly just people I like talking about normal stuff.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 603

A Television song came on while I was doing my trampoline thing. Every time I hear Television it reminds me of Tripp.

Why? Because I watch too much TV?
    I can't seem to post to FB from my desktop anymore. I can from my phone. On the desktop though I type something in then it immediately prompts me to say who I'm with. It's probably because my OS is ancient.
    I think I mentioned this years ago but I'm kinda over Television the band. Just because I had to share an office with someone who listened to Marquee Moon over and over and over.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited July 25
    I think I mentioned this years ago but I'm kinda over Television the band. Just because I had to share an office with someone who listened to Marquee Moon over and over and over.
    That blows! Asshole didn't know how to use headphones?
    I don't post on the books of face. I still have an account, but I never use it.
    RIP, Peter Green.
    Bummer. I'm gonna post a few of his songs in the geek isles, in memoriam.
    edited July 25
    I remember you talking about it. That’s why it makes me think about you.
    I need to get a new laptop computer. I don’t do computer gaming anymore, so I won’t need to spend mucho $$. I do want to get something decent that’s gonna allow me to watch movies and also do stuff for work. Anybody got a suggestion?
    What's your budget?
    edited July 25
    Under a grand? Maybe $600-$800? I’m not sure. I hate having to buy stuff.
    A couple of benefits I thought I’d get from not smoking pot was having more energy and being more motivated to get stuff done. Nope. Just as lethargic and unmotivated as before. Also just as gloomy.
    You can get an ACER desktop for pretty cheap. Doesn't come with a screen but with an HDMI cable you can hook it up to your TV (if you have one with HDMI connections of course. get a wireless keyboard and mouse and you're set. If you want a proper desktop I still recommend a MAC.
    I complain about that dude and Marquee Moon but he also turned me onto a lot of stuff I'd never heard before like Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
    UMO is pretty fun.
    This Lenovo is the one Wirecutter recommends as the best value. It's an i5 with 8 GB of RAM and a 256 GB SSD for $689.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08122HHX9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SBkhFbTR02YP2
    edited July 25
    If you don't mind used and/or less slimline, you can probably get a nice, gently used off biz lease Lenovo that's even more powerful for a little less.

This one is used, chunkier, and less elegant but has twice the RAM and a faster processor and is $349 + shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T440P-Business-Laptop/dp/B075B2J9BM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lenovo+i7+16gb+ram&qid=1595713481&refinements=p_n_condition-type:6461718011,p_n_feature_four_browse-bin:2289792011,p_n_feature_five_browse-bin:13580790011,p_n_feature_twelve_browse-bin:9521908011&rnid=9521907011&s=electronics&sprefix=lenovo+i7&sr=1-2
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    107537713_2797335280526439_6177473208642404245_o.jpg
    1076 x 547 - 36K
    “You can have it in smoothies, do tequila semen shots, drizzle it on a salad, or use it as a cake glaze. Post your favourite method of ingesting semen in the comment section below and don’t forget to click the ‘like’ button.”
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    It's great in a roux.
    I like to stir mine into my morning cuppa.
    I think that, to get all the benefits, one needs to ingest it as fresh and natural as possible, preferentially straight from the source.