Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think he coulda been a big star.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    Jugband music does that for me. It's so weirdly happy.
    edited August 8
    Last night, M______ woke me up talking in her sleep. She was saying "Cut and paste! Cut and paste!" with that tone a person would use if they'd already repeated what they were saying ten times.

Then she went back to sleep.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    I like ol' timey jugband stuff. I haven't listened to a lot of blues piano. Mostly jazzier stuff like Jelly Roll Morton. I'll look into it.
    Memphis Slim is pretty awesome blues piano.

From "Empty Room Blues":

"She said it's nothing that you done, I'm just leaving you in advance"
  • TrippTripp Posts: 603
    Professor Longhair is pretty fun.
    Heck yeah.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited August 9
    Hey Jeff, no biggie, but that Carl Sagan quote you put up on the Books of Face is from '95, not '96. Its from Demon-Haunted World, which came out in '95. Sagan died in late '96.
    I’ve been indulging in some easy listening featuring Isobel Campbell all morning.
    #Voices I’d Like To Fuck
    edited August 9
    #Voices I’d Like To Fuck
    Guffaw!

But yeah, Lisa Germano...
    I’m getting so old I’m forgetting my age. I’m going to be 57 not 58.
    So I’m still kinda young, eh?
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    There was an anti-mask march in Montreal and I counted at least five QAnon posters and some Trump shirts.
    montreal-canada-25-july-2020-protest-against-mandatory-masks-in-quebec-2C8KR6H.jpg
    1300 x 955 - 143K
    edited August 9
    Covidiots!

It wouldn't be surprising if most of these people were conspiracy theorists: considering the circumstances, having to don a mask when going into a store is a pretty small thing to ask. Being against it only makes sense if they believe it's part of some yuuge conspiracy.
    Why are people in Montreal wearing Trump shirts? Maybe I should get a José Mujica shirt.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    I’m getting so old I’m forgetting my age. I’m going to be 57 not 58.
    For about a decade I have consistently thought I was one year older than I actually was. It actually makes birthdays a bit easier. OHH I thought I already WAS 49. No biggie.
    edited August 10
    I am genuinely traumatized by the fact that by the most common standard, the youngest members of Gen X will turn 40 this year.
    Eeep. Big gas explosion right next to the Home Depot I always go to (including yesterday). Blew up a few houses.
    I tend to think of Gen Xers as being born between 65 and 75.
    Saturday night we Zoomed with Bobby in Little Rock. Miss that guy. Was good to reconnect. Last night we watched Preston Sturges' The Lady Eve.
    Huh. The last time I looked it up, I got 61-81. But now everyone (Wiki and top five Google results) seems to have settled on 65-80.
    I can't even imagine being near that explosion.
    We had a long night in Chicago last night. Another police shooting/death and riots/looting in the Loop.
    I was born in 63, so I'm technically a boomer.
    We should have guessed because you talk about retirement as a real thing.
    Not to mention your visceral hatred of Millennials.
    edited August 10
    For Gen X and folks afterward, "retirement" is that thing that lets our parents stay home and ask us for shit.

Meanwhile, we will work until we die.
    Not if you’re willing to move to a different country!
    It may be a good idea to start thinking about that whether you retire or not.
    I binged the 2nd season of The Umbrella Academy. I really like Robert Sheehan in that. He was also in a couple of seasons of Misfits.
    We're watching that now. Little S. is a fan.