Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a joke about recursion.

124»

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    And what was the song, Matthew?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    Kim, did your mom have her surgery yet? How is she hanging in there?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    83236160_2776284289298205_8413126229229021229_n.jpg
    720 x 936 - 61K
    Testosterone Trick Leaves Wives Speechless!

Help Boost Your Masculine Energy.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    More dumb shit that infuriates me.

From Mark Provost
    DNC invites AOC to speak and specifically nominate Bernie, as a required procedural step.

AOC endorses Bernie in pre-recorded speech.

NBC runs clickbait story implying AOC was defying the party by refusing to back Biden and endorsing Sanders instead.

AOC supporters cheer her rebellious act.

AOC critics allege she's disloyal to the party.

And thus concludes a case study in media manipulation, social media amplification, and herd mentality. We as social media users can no longer can decipher in real time the most basic basic elements of reality. Even boring ass procedural steps are turned into moments of grave emotional outburst. Welcome to the Internet of Shit. There is no debate or conversation here. There are only greedy editors looking for easy clicks and a mass gullible audience eager to be fooled and propagate nonsense. This is how our democracy works now. No high tech required to fool anyone---they WANT it
    I hate it here.

("Here" being the world in 2020.)
    I’d hate it a little less if summer weren’t so hot. I don’t mind being cold, but I detest the heat.
    edited August 19
    I hope to one day be able to utilize my testosterone for something involving a female. I don’t have any need for it at this time. I almost joined Silver Singles, but it costs about $15 a month. It’s not worth it to me right now. I’m just gonna be old and alone.
    Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced a plan that would permanently block cities from raising property taxes if local governments pass measures that defund local law enforcement agencies.
    I don't want my property tax to go up either. C'mon, Ft.Worth! Defund the freakin' police!
    Hey Tripp, I bought a Grifters t-shirt! I'll finally have one!
    A sitting US president telling Americans to boycott a US company - isn’t that against some law? Shouldn’t it be?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    It's against common sense when that company is based in a swing state.
    Republicans shoot themselves in the feet so much they walk on Swiss cheese. Doesn't seem to slow them down.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    And what was the song, Matthew?
    This:

• matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    A friend from work made the video. Our co-worker is the lead guitarist. I am pretty sure that's another co-worker standing at the end of the hall spinning a pocket watch. Pretty much all of the video was filmed on the same stretch of St. Laurent near our workplace. The photo booth is in a pinball bar that my sister's ex opened a few years ago. I wonder if it will manage to survive covid.

I'm personally not crazy about the band but this tune is catchy. They are talented musicians and very tight live, I just don't care for their songs very much. Maybe too tight? Maybe I hear too many of their influences and would rather listen to the originals?