Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate it here.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
edited August 20 in Main
Wakey, wakey moonbats!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    edited August 20
    Today, Little S. is going to spend the afternoon at her new secondary school. She's starting her first year next week, and they're doing a kind of introduction today, to prepare the new ones for the school year.

I feel old.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Go Tiny S!!!
    edited August 20
    Steve Bannon charged with fraud over Mexico wall funds
    Mr Bannon and three others defrauded hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with the "We Build the Wall" campaign, which raised $25m (£19m), the US Department of Justice (DoJ) said.
    Mr Bannon received more than $1m, at least some of which he used to cover personal expenses, the DoJ said.

I'm astounded! Bewildered! Stunned! Maybe even a bit shocked!
  • KimKim Posts: 620
    Thank you guys for all your kind wishes and words for my mom. So her surgeon was supposed to do her surgery last Friday or Monday. No calls. Then she gets a call from the hospital saying her surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. Surgeon never told her then it got cancelled again. So I drop her off at 11 which was confirmed by the hospital and said surgeon. I can’t go in because of covid. I get home and she’s calling saying it was cancelled again and the surgeon never called!!! So we fired that surgeon and are going to the Indiana Hand and Shoulder Center. She has excellent insurance but had to get a spit covid test to the tune of $2,800 which insurance paid. Now because of idiot surgeon she has to get another covid test and insurance questioned the cost of the test.

She says she isn’t in pain but I don’t know. So now we are waiting for her doctor to send referral to hand surgeon. On a side note both of my brothers live out of town. One near South Bend and one in Belton, TX. I’m the one who takes care of her and we are very alike so she likes to fight with me. Yesterday she said she wasn’t getting surgery or wearing her braces. She also tells me how to drive or I drive too fast. I love my mom. It’s a very weird head space when your parent gets old. She agrees with everything my brothers say because she thinks they won’t visit or call if she’s mean to them but she has no problem going off on me. Oh well we’re both tired and frustrated. I just can’t wait until she gets the surgery and is on to recovery.

I thought the speeches last night were good. Power of women. Honestly I would vote for Donald Duck against the other Donald. I’m thinking of working the polls here
    That sounds trying on both fronts. Here's to getting the surgery sorted out at least. Parental relationships don't seem to change at a certain point in life.
    Yes, I suspect that might be the best night of the convention. Thankful that Biden will be pre-taping. I live in constant fear of the next gaffe.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Kim, I’m glad you fired that surgeon. $2,800 for a Covid test is outrageous!
    My sister has a similar relationship with our mom. She’s the one who’s usually on the receiving end of angry outbursts. My mom has flat out told me in the last few months that she likes me more than my sister. When weighed out, my sister probably does more for her than I do. I do a lot, but she ends up doing more since they live next door to one another. In my mother’s defense, she does have of Dementia.

The side of the house was painted, but the painters did a half-assed job of scraping. I have to pay them, but I’m definitely gonna mention it.
    Thankful that Biden will be pre-taping. I live in constant fear of the next gaffe.
    You aren't the only one. I've probably said it at least 5 or 6 times, but I'm not confident that Biden can pull out a win. There are just so many ignorant white people in this country.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    PMAs to your mom Kim. Thanks for keeping us posted

Continuing to send you all the best mojo
    M______ got a job! Equivalent money to old one, shorter commute. Nice people, boring product (replacement parts for heavy machinery) but work and income! So yay!
    HUZZAH!!!!!
    That’s great, Jeff! (added to my list of things to drink to next time I decide to drink)
    While being hired, they mentioned they had an office in the UK. T____, feeling cheeky, asked if we could move there someday and she could do the same job there. They said, completely not kidding, of course.

So moving to Stafford in the UK is our new refugee and/or retirement plan.
    Not particularly likely. But not impossible. And a fun diversion.
    I used to think about finding a way to move to the U.K. Now I think it’s too expensive. If I ever feel like it’s safe enough to travel again, I’d like to visit. Hopefully, I’ll still be ambulatory.
    It was a shit show yesterday. I’ve figured it out and she doesn’t like anyone telling her what to do even though she is not following any of the directions. She’s frustrated. And yeah she regards my brother’s opinions more than mine and she went off bad on me. Enough whining from me.

She has an appointment with the Indiana Hand and Shoulder Center Tuesday. Only she can go in which is good so I don’t know what directions she’s supposed to follow. I’m just going to help her and not have an opinion. Sorry and thank you for giving me an outlet to vent with no judgement.

My brother from South Bend is in town for work so I didn’t have to stay there last night. I’ve been having shroom tea since yesterday. I usually don’t do that alone but I’m not drinking and I needed something for my nerves.

And Matt is working in bad fires with smoke smog so thick it’s dark out in the day. My nerves are shot but at least I have shrooms and weed
    Yay M and Jeff! Here’s to moving to England. Matt loved Cornwall when he was there in March. He says he’s moving to Portugal if idiot wins
    It's hard to help people who need your help but still don't value it. Hang in there, Kim.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 603
    PMAs to you Kim!! Congrats to the MRS, Jeff.!!
    I have Hulu but I rarely watch it. Last night I started watching 11.22.63. If you don’t know the premise, it involves a time portal to 1960 and a plan to stop the JFK assassination. James Franco plays the main character. I’ve almost finished the first episode. It’s not bad, but Franco’s character makes some frustratingly poor decisions.
    Have a fine weekend I am. Just got home from my mom and having tea and shrimp. The main issue she’s a terrible patient is she hasn’t been in the hospital since 1976 when she gave birth to my little brother.

I just helped and offered no opinions or tell her to put her braces on that she didn’t wear the whole time ha.

The weather here has been fantastic. 70s, low humidity and like 60 at night. I’ve turned my ac off 5 times in August and that hasn’t happened since I moved here in 2013.

I’m working the polls and putting data in for the Indianapolis Democratic Party. It is like a 5 minute walk from my house.

Have a Great Weekend and love you all
    That’s cool you’re working the polls, Kim. I hope you have a great weekend and love you, too!
    We’re at a little party. No one has Covid. We see Rose McGowan at a table drinking by herself. I double-dog dare you to go chat her up.
    Because of the Weinstein shit, I know who she is. But I don't know what she looks like.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    thumbnail_sloppy-sky-writting.jpg
    538 x 524 - 24K
    edited August 23
    Yay M and Jeff! Here’s to moving to England. Matt loved Cornwall when he was there in March. He says he’s moving to Portugal if idiot wins.
    Jeff, why do you think the UK will be an improvement? And Kim: why Portugal?
    Portugal is cheap and weed is tolerated.
    Weed is tolerated in a lot of places these days, including several US states. True, Portugal can be relatively cheap. Food is still cheap, and if you live in the sparsely populated countryside, housing can be very cheap. But, in the larger cities (Lisbon, Porto), housing, services and other amenities cost about the same as in the rest of western Europe. And, if you're not retired, (I'm thinking about Kim's son), most jobs in Portugal don't pay much. And you'll have to learn Portuguese.
    Here's a cool web site: it's a map of the world, and each dot represents a radio station with a web feed. You click on the dot, and you hear the radio station.

radio.garden/
    It’s the age of “almost anywhere must be better than here.” I feel like I’m stuck in a rut with my job and my debt. I don’t particularly like my job, but what’s a guy in his late 50s gonna do? I need my job to pay my debts. I’m pretty sure that a lot of people my age feel the same. Sometimes I think I’d feel better about things if I had a girlfriend. I don’t know how or where to meet chicks. And I think I’m probably weirder than most people, which causes me to feel insecure and discourages me from even trying to meet anyone. I often wish space debris would fall from the sky and land on my head.