Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will be continuously firing the JP cannon.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
Good morning, leftards!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    Hey! Yeah.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    Here's a dumb cartoon that made me groan:
    thumbnail_118160594_3322455704464873_7413601583021826740_n.jpg
    587 x 283 - 73K
    But this made me laugh:
    119216835_10157036423651853_5092893304346960896_o.jpg
    534 x 480 - 36K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    Knnnch
    So what is everyone doing this weekend?

I was thinking maybe we'd have friends from our bubble over for some socially distanced fun. But on her break from painting, Tilda dug up about a quarter of the front yard, so now I guess I'm building a retaining wall.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    I'm off to clear my parents' house out of as much of the old chemical shit (bug sprays, old paint, degreasers, etc.) and bring it to the hazardous waste pick-up at city hall. Starting to make progress with cleaning out the house. My father was a bit of a hoarder, so I've got car lubricants that have packaging from the early 1960s and stuff he bought a few months before he died. I think I am going to have to make multiple trips.

• matthewmatthew Posts: 310
    A few weeks ago I tore down their old wood garage (built in 1953) by hand. A neighbour came over with his chainsaw for the last stretch and cut the main supports in half to speed it up a bit, but otherwise I did it completely alone over a day and a half. Felt good, even if I was originally supposed to take it down with my father.
    a.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 9M
    b.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 4M
    d.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 8M
    c.jpg
    5312 x 2988 - 8M
    Y'all, they went and gave me that fancy ass new job.
    edited September 18
    Congratufuckinglations, Jeff! You rule! High five!
    Great news!

But aw fuck! RBG died.
    edited September 19
    Crikey! I'm pretty fucking certain the Dunning-Kruger administration are going to replace her with some far-right dimwit posthaste. Remember Merrick Garland? Lets see how the fucking repugnicans spin this one, eh?
    I don’t think they’ll even try to spin it. They’ll just do whatever the fuck they want.
    edited September 19
    Well, I'm sorry to say, things just got even more precarious.
    ...and more depressing.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 603
    Excellent news Jeff.!! Let's try, hard as it may be, to focus on some positive.
    Early voting has started in some states and so far it looks like Dem turnout is strong.
    I like your avatar, Tripp.
    Finishing taking down that garage must have felt good Matthew.
    Something must’ve made him change his mind.
    If you guys wanna read about a real conspiracy: FinCEN Files: All you need to know about the documents leak
    Leaked documents involving about $2tn of transactions have revealed how some of the world's biggest banks have allowed criminals to move dirty money around the world.
    They also show how Russian oligarchs have used banks to avoid sanctions that were supposed to stop them getting their money into the West.
    It's the latest in a string of leaks over the past five years that have exposed secret deals, money laundering and financial crime.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Awesome news Jeff!!!

I can finally let this cannon cool off a bit.
    Went up and painted S____'s dads house in boondocks,PA. It was a load of work but was glad to help. The whole project of getting it ready for sale has been on S___ and her sis.

The upside was seeing the most amazing starry sky I have seen since I was a child. It was like a holy experience.
    Stars are cool.
    They really are.
    Watched the Social Dilemma last night. I'd watched the other one that concentrated on data collection and sale, and it was bad, but I have resigned myself to being a walking data leak that will only stop with regulation.

The Social Dilemma dug more into the psychology of making websites sticky and addictive. Although some of the dramatic re-enactments were a little hokey the information really bothered me, because I recognized so much of my own behavior.

Not leaving FB anytime soon, but I took it off my phone to carve out the constant swiping anytime I have more than 10 seconds to kill.
    edited September 21
    Stars are cool.
    Nope. Stars are hot. The temperature of the surface of the sun is about 5600 °C. The center of the sun goes up to 15 million °C. Stars of the Wolf–Rayet type can have surface temperatures that range from 30,000 °C to around 210,000 °C, hotter than almost all other stars!

Now that's hot!

(Adjusts nerd glasses)
    It was easy to cut myself off from facebook. I never used it anyway.

Besides crappity, the only social media to which I'm kinda addicted is youtube. But I only use it for the music. In fact, considering the kind of adds I get (mostly beer and cars), they obviously have no idea who I am, probably because I never click their recommendations, which are shit for the most part.
    I'm done with ATT. Gave my two weeks, but bc it's a competitor, they told me to wrap up today. No hard feelings. Looking forward to having two weeks off.
    One thing that drives me nuts on FB is people sharing crazy people's trump rants. Like some crazy lady in a Walgreens going off because she was asked to wear a mask (I assume. I didn't actually listen to it but that's what the few seconds i saw looked like). But people share it, usually with a caption like "What is wrong with these people?" You know what? What's wrong with you for sharing it? Why do I have to be exposed to their bullshit? Stop sharing your outrage with everyone. I usually post updates of my paintings (because I want to sell them eventually) or good live music performances or just something that really made me laugh. But mostly I just hide ads and snooze people for 30 days. So yeah, getting pretty tired of it.