Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEVER GET CLOSER THAN SIX INCHES TO WOOD

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 603
    Oh well.
    In other news, I finally upgraded my OS to El Capitan and didn't lose any Adobe programs so that's good. And as a result I'm able to use a VPN again so I can return to downloading torrents. Yay!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,763
    Nice! I'm still stuck at 10.6 for the same reason of protecting my trove of software that fell off the back of a truck.
    The one program I lost was proTools which I never used on this computer anyway.
    That's the one I'm protecting with my life.
    Season premier of Discovery was pretty good. ST:TNG didn't really find its footing until its 3rd season. I'm hoping that's the case here too. The show is now set in the 32nd century which is something I've wanted to see in a Trek series for a long time. Looking even further into the future instead of staying stuck in time of TOS.
    Loving Swamp Thing on CW as well.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,305
    In QAnon world, today is supposed to be the day that JFK Jr returns from the dead.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 5,764
    Well, if he does, maybe I'll become a believer.
    edited October 18
    He won't, of course. And they'll either ignore it or invent some cockamamie story to explain it. That's how cults operate.
    He has to be kept hidden because if the liberal, pizza-loving, pedophiles knew he was alive, they’d most definitely kill him. And eat him.
    I noticed that El Dia de la Bestia is available on tubi. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's one of my favorite films, but I highly recommend it.
    Just used Tubi for the first time. They have "let's get lost" up there. Coulda swore I saw that when it came out, but it hit like a ton of bricks this time. Beautiful and sad as fuck.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,042
    El día de la bestia sounds awesome. Will make it a point to see that.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    119856716_2868844426708857_3515533161930945610_n.jpg
    459 x 539 - 36K
    This is interesting. Califone is doing a live performance of their new record at Lincoln Hall and since there won't be an audience they're going to have professional dancers on the floor instead and will be stealing it live with multiple cameras.

https://ffm.to/ne8yvbz.pfr?fbclid=IwAR3JvtQpkfAbTuxTFp6GRGMVc7A9CVaQM0C75e6xnG8iehW85Rvr0qj86-A
    New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin for allegedly masturbating on Zoom call

Mental note: make absolutely sure that my sound and camera are off when on break.
    You know that thing where you can replace any New Yorker cartoon caption with "Christ, what an asshole" and it still works?

Most of them work with "Jeffrey Toobin took his dick out on a Zoom call" too.
    I have a Zoom meeting tomorrow morning... Any pointers?
    Choose a flattering angle.
    edited October 20
    Like, slightly lower so I appear larger, right?
    edited October 21
    I like higher angles, as they're more flattering. Don't let a ceiling fan or sunlit window show up in the shot. They're distracting. You can use a virtual background. People love to do those for gags, but they're also good for protecting your privacy or just hiding a messy room. Try out your connection by calling your wife (via Zoom on her phone) first and make sure your audio is okay. If it's bad, you can opt to use your camera but dial in phone audio. That sounds better usually.

And for God's sake, learn to mute and unmute yourself.
    edited October 21
    Jeff, that's some high quality joke murdering right there! Congrats! I deem thee a black belt in joke killing karate!
    edited October 21
    You guys are familiar with Bill Watterson's Calvin and Hobbes cartoons, right? A friend of mine made me laugh by finding a great name for all the bullshit made up by republicans to keep people from voting. He called it "Election Calvinball".
    edited October 21
    I do what I can, Dan.
    James Randi, a.k.a. THE AMAZING RANDI, died yesterday. He was 92.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi
    I PROPOSE WE USE CAPS LOCK ALL DAY TODAY! WHO'S WITH ME?
    HOW COULD QUIBI FAIL WITH SHOWS LIKE THIS?

I PROPOSE WE USE CAPS LOCK ALL DAY TODAY! WHO'S WITH ME?
    OK