Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ponytails are ok though, right?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 6,094
edited February 5 in Main
Weeeeellll... It depends.

Ponytails, jeans and t-shirt, that's ok. But ponytails, a blazer and a turtle neck... Creep!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 6,094
    edited February 5
    Dang. Somebody had a list all typed up in their bottom desk drawer.
    It's this fucking pandemic, man! Idle hands are the devil's playthings.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,906
    But ponytails, a blazer and a turtle neck... Creep!
    Damn. :(
    Trey Pool chimes in...
    My first band somehow got on a show with Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids before he got famous. They were a bunch of dweebs. The club had supplied them with a case of fancy beer in the dressing room. While they were playing, my band went in there and took all that beer and shared it with our friends who came with us. When the Spooky Kids discovered what we did, MM told on us. The guy from the club asked why we did it. We were like, dunno. I see he's getting dragged in the press this week for being a creep. So long, sucker.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,203
    Cobor Oberst? Huh. He was actually famously accused of grooming an underage girl and assaulting her only for the girl to totally recant and say she'd never even met him and she was just starting shit on a message board. His response was "OK but this almost never happens so continue listening to women when they tell you about abusers please." That was such a perfect statement I had him sorted as a good dude.

His earlier stuff was often about heavy boozing/using and was melodramatic so I can still buy your story though.

He works with Phoebe Bridgers a lot these days, who is pretty much my fave anymore.
    I have zero trouble believing Manson is a shitbag.
    Re Connor, yes, I hoped I couched my story properly. He was an asshole a long time ago when he was young. That's it. It was more about my awareness that I can hold on to first impressions well past their expiration dates.

And I hadn't heard that story and that is pretty killer to not just go with "seeee?!?!"
    So what's everyone doing this weekend??

So how is everyone planning to cope with the neverending sameness of staying in the house during the brief impending respite from Work From Home?
    It's also entirely possible to be both Not a Rapist and Still Kind of an Asshole.
    We got E___ coming down after the snow put a kibosh on last weekend. So that's my excitement.

Also making deep friend wings for the Super Bowl of Sports Teams.

The Bucs were the first team I ever fanned (well into my 20s when I realized going to football gatherings with music nerds included beer and snacks and frivolity.... not Jocks yelling and pounding their chests).

I tried to root for them in the playoffs but started feeling queasy. My heart just can't root for Tom Brady.

sooo... GO CHIEFS!
    He works with Phoebe Bridgers a lot these days, who is pretty much my fave anymore.
    Totally read this as Phoebe (Waller) Bridge at first, and was going to be highly jealous and double-down on my poor opinion of him.
    They're friends! Bonded over a similar name.

Waller-Bridge directed a video for her.

edited February 5
    Vat ist dis Zuper Bowl you peeple zalk about? Ich verstehe nicht, was du meinst.
    I have zero trouble believing Manson is a shitbag.
    And you know what's worse?

His music sucks balls!
    Bonded over a similar name.
    That is adorable.
    Hey Jeff, did Elon make you some good money this week?
    I enjoyed that song and that video. Go Phoebes!
    I was up about $380 but it drifted back down to $330.

I can wait. It's all profit now anyway.
    edited February 5
    If you're not familiar with Bridgers, she is the reigning champion of sad bastard music, imo.

That entire record Punisher is pretty terrific.
    I'm a little weirded out she got Grammy noms and is going to be on SNL this week. I'm not used to stuff I like getting popular anymore.
    edited February 5
    Did you know that today is national fart day?

You know what you must do!

Been celebrating all damned day.
    edited February 6
    Fox News cancels Lou Dobbs’ show; pro-Trump host not expected to be back on air

You know, the fact that there are no pro-Qanon cable news hosts clearly shows that the news media has a strong liberal bias.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,380
    So how is everyone planning to cope with the neverending sameness of staying in the house during the brief impending respite from Work From Home?
    By taking a day off from Momcare and doing foolish things.
    edited February 7
    The interesting thing about having kids is you can simultaneously be an intensely valued person as Dad and completely overlooked as the individual [Your Name]. I gotta get better at advocating for myself. I'm kind of a passenger lately.
    That, my friend, is a very nice way of putting it. I often feel the same, but I haven't found a way to say it. Thanks!
    edited February 7
    My role as dad is very important, but completely taken for granted. And whenever I talk about what I think or what I feel, or my own experience, it's in one ear and out the other.

Teenagers, eh?

I try not to take it personally.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,380
    Fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap... Fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap, fap...
  • TrippTripp Posts: 634
    Yo. A power outage fried my computer a couple of weeks ago. FRIED IT. Lost everything. Had to get a new hard drive installed and have been slowly building everything back up. So, sorry I haven't been around.