Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ponytails are ok though, right?

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 6,202
    Google Perseverance Rover and then wait a couple of seconds.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 4,276
    Nice!!!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 2,410
    All classes have been canceled through Tuesday. A lot of people still don’t have water or electricity. I should’ve gone to Cancun with the Cruzes.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,960
    Or at least dogsitted for Snowflake.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 650
    We're finally getting above freezing today. Thankful that things aren't as bad here as they are in TX. We have a boil water order but that's mostly precautionary. Hopefully we'll be getting back to normal in the next few days. Missed a whole week of work though. Mostly just bored.
    Facebook is shit.

You should quit.
    After my multi-month project of blocking all people, topics, sources, and ads that irritate me, FB is pretty chill for me now. Just people talking about their day, the weather, their kids, and their pets.

Not sure everyone wants to obsessive-compulsively purge their timeline with fire for three months, but it does work.
    Nevertheless, you should quit facebook. Why? Because fuck Mark Sugarmountain, that's why!
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 330
    I believe I mentioned this several years ago on a various, but a younger relative of mine claimed she had sex with Marilyn Manson's drummer (which one I don't know) when she still in high school, like 15 or 16 years old.

Even though this particular relative is cracked, I feel that the number of horror stories that have come out of the skate punk and emo scenes in recent years suggests that this sort of abuse and grooming is pretty rampant, especially among scenes with younger audiences. A friend of mine had a well-endowed classmate who came back from Vans Warped Tour or whatever and bragged that she was never going to shower again because some guy from whatever band had busted on her chest. She was like 13 or 14 at the time (in the mid-2000s).
    I've given up drinking for February, just as an attempt to reset my health a bit. I was doing a solid bottle of wine a day with an occasional shot. Nothing compared to what I put back for years in my 20's and in the ballpark of what I drank in my 30's, but way too much for the late 40's person I am now.

Only a week left and it has been entirely tolerable. I guess I technically drink a very small amount because I have taken to putting a few shakes of bitters into soda water as a substitute. But meh.

I think when I do start again, I'll try to keep it weekends and special occasions.
    Hey Matt! How you doing? How's your mom?
    Nice going Jeff.
    RIP, Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
    Woah, he was still alive? He must have been, like, really, really old.
    102!
    102 years young!!! (Willard Scott drunken wink)
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 330
    Hey Matt! How you doing? How's your mom?
    Other than the isolation, she's okay, I guess. I try and get out there every week, but I don't know how great I am as company. The last two months seemed to be filled with illness and death, it got really bleak for our families and those of friends. Really looking forward for winter to end.
    Facebook is shit.

You should quit.

I've always hated it, but I need it to keep track of online radicalization, so I can't really delete it. I never used it much for socialization, just to argue with people and alienate myself from co-workers and family.