Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, as long as you dyed your pork green, we good.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    Did any of y'all watch Legion? If you enjoyed the trippy not-really-a-superhero-story take on superheroes, that is one to strongly consider.

Although it's a hard TV-MA with drug addiction, horrible murders, suicide, abuse, etc.

If you did watch it, would love to pick your brains comparing it to WandaVision.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Don,t know why, but I find this funny: Egypt's Suez Canal blocked by huge container ship
    Very cool documentary:

Cholet = Chalet + Cholo

Very cool movement in Bolivian architecture.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    WHATS EVERYBODY DOING THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    We are taking E_____ to Ocean City (boardwalk style beach town in Maryland) for his Spring Break. Lots of slippery nipple jello shots and wet t-shirt contests are on the menu!
    Finally watched the last episode of Wandavision... I gotta tell ya, I enjoyed the show more when I didn't know what the fuck was going on.
    That sounds like a blast, cap.
    We're going to order a replacement for our front door, which we have wanted to do for like five years.
    I liked the WandaVision finale fine, but it was a little more traditionally Marvel and less mind-blowing than the rest of the series.

It was also a little weird that we were supposed to be all verklempt that the townsfolk "will never know what Wanda sacrificed for them." Not sure why they'd give a fuck.
    edited March 2021
    Sacrificed what? I mean, at first, when I didn't know what was going on, I thought Wanda and Vision were being forced to live in a simulation of a shitty sitcom. I thought it was torture, or some kind of punishment.

And then we learn that Wanda willed it into existence! She wanted it. Maybe not consciously, but grieving Wanda wanted to live in a shitty sitcom. Her ideal of family life comes from shitty American sitcoms. How sad is that?
    edited March 2021
    Seriously, though, did anyone else watch Legion?

That one, which is on Hulu these days, is about David Haller, who in the comics is Professor X's son. (They don't really get into that in the show.)

It starts with him in a mental institution, possibly because he's an addict and he hears voices.

It has similar reality-bending action as WandaVision, but the style is even bolder and the path they choose for David is... different.

It's such a natural follow-up to WV.

Has Jemaine Clement and Aubrey Plaza in it, too.
    edited March 2021
    Jeff, I checked up on that series, but I ixnayed it: not kid friendly. See, these days, I almost never watch TV by myself, TV is strictly a family thing. If I'm by myself, I'd rather read, listen to music or play guitar.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    I really enjoyed Legion. I haven’t checked on out WandaVision yet.

I just rediscovered Deserter’s Songs.
    Ah. If kid friendly is a thing, then nah.

Do you have Apple TV? Home Before Dark is kid friendly and pretty fun.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    R.I.P. Beverly Cleary
    edited March 2021
    I don't have Apple TV. But that's not a problem, eh? A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, if you know what I mean! ;)
    And R.I.P. Bertrand Tavernier.
    How do we feel about this as a simple starter set for kiddo on guitar? He's picked up his mandolin again but is asking for a guitar.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00AGJKKH8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_GZAW9CTEFCT3057F11FN

I know there are arguments for starting him on acoustic but a) he asked about electric and b) I am pretty sure if he shows any interest, he will inherit my late dad's (unused not bad Yamaha) acoustic.
    edited March 2021
    Normally, I might cherish the opportunity to traipse around a bunch of pawn shops and troll FB Marketplace listings, but in 2021, I'd rather get something workable for a fair-ish price than breathe 75 people's germs looking for a bargain.

All I am shooting for is "won't be garbage, stays in tune, he can turn it up and have fun, the guitar itself might last into the first or second year of him getting serious if that happens."
    edited March 2021
    That guitar is Chinese made junk, but it might be playable after a decent set-up. However, I'm certain that amp is going to sound like ass. How much are you willing to spend, Jeff? If you gimme a number, I'll see if I can find something decent online.
    edited March 2021
    By the way, right now is not the best of times to buy guitar gear: for some reason, prices are really high. It seems that a shitload of people have decided to take up guitar during confinement. Dunno if that's true, but that's what I've been reading.
    edited March 2021
    I'm wanting to spend $250-ish, all in. I'm not sure how serious he is, so "playable" is the goal. I'm okay with it if the amp is crappy. It's would just be to start. A better amp would be the next upgrade if he actually tales to guitar
    edited March 2021
    Keep in mind: he has been very happy with a $50 mandolin.
    Ehhhhh, the wife says I am going overboard even at that price point. We might wait until we visit my mom in early summer, pick up my dad's acoustic and let him try that for a while.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Hola Amigos. Sorry I haven't been around.
    Still getting my computer sorted out.
    Getting my second shot today. S___ got hers and my inner circle are all approaching secondom. So hopefully in about two weeks we'll be able to have movie night at our house again.
    LEGION was awesome although I never finished season three. Yeah, the Wandavision finale was a slight letdown, mainly because they teased the hell out of a lot of stuff that just never happened. As one of the show-runners put it "GRIEF was the big bad." ...cool.
    Loving Falcon and Winter Soldier. Of course because I'm a Cap guy. Cap and the Falcon was the first comic I actively collected, as in I went to flea markets and used bookstores to find back issues. Sam is one of my favorite characters.
    edited March 2021
    Hi Tripp! Welcome back!

I have no idea when I'll get the jab. For now, the government is vaccinating older people. Right now, they're down to 60 and older in Montreal. It's an exciting race between vaccination and propagation of the more virulent virus varieties. Yay! Who's gonna win?