Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Never been to Vegas.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited July 2016
    It's half time break at the Portugal vs. France game. Still 0-0. C. Ronaldo had to leave the game at the 25 minute mark: he got sandwiched between two french players and he seems seriously hurt. He could barely run.

The French were playing better, but they couldn't score. Ronaldo having to leave was really sad. I'm not sure if the French did it on purpose, but I must be one of the few portuguese who's not certain... The stupid referee didn't even consider it a foul!

In the first minutes of the game, every time a portuguese player touched the ball, french fans would boo.

Not cricket.
    edited July 2016
    Well, and the European rugby final is back! Sorry, I mean soccer!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I wish someone would tempt me with shrooms. I haven't been able to find anything like that for the last coupla years.
    edited July 2016
    Now the French are playing like shit. Good.
    Booooriiing. This is going to go to penalties.
    edited July 2016
    The portuguese goalie just won his canonization.
    edited July 2016
    Full time over, still all naughts. It's going to go into extra time. The french have dominated the game so far, but the portuguese defence is holding.
    And yet another portuguese player gets booked. Fuck the referee.
    Three fouls in the last five minutes (two against Portugal, one against France).
    edited July 2016
    Portugal 1-0 France !
    It's over, Portugal won! And without Cristiano Ronaldo!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Hooray!!!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Gooooooooooooo PORTUGAL!!

I think I timed it just right. I saw the first 30 minutes then the last 20 minutes. (was recording a singer in the middle). Sound like I missed the snooziest part of the game.
    As my buddy Ajay put it, Portugal bored France into submission.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I'd agree with pretty much all of that, Tripp. I sort of felt sorry for Eisneberg, as he gave the director/writers what they asked for, at least. It's just what they asked for was all wrong.

It was weird for me watching BvS, but while I definitely didn't like it, my expectations were so unbelievably low going in that by being simply bad and not ball-shatteringly awful, it was better than I expected.
    I actually saw that game, Dan. Watched it with a couple hundred Hungarians at the Gulyas Fest. They were delighted that Not France won.
    While I was irritated to have to see the Waynes murdered AGAIN, I otherwise mostly really enjoyed Batfleck. I'd go see his Batman movie for sure. Wonder Woman wasn't given a lot of character revealing moments, and at the point where they filmed BvS she had an occasionally thick Israeli accent that was unexpected, but she seemed cool, too. Momoa got maybe ten seconds as Aquaman, but he looked cool. And I like the idea of that kid from We Need to Talk About Kevin as The Flash.

So, assuming the scuttlebutt that the DC honchos took the criticism of their grimdark to heart, Justice League might actually be decent.

The only thing distinctly Snyder-ian about BvS that I liked was the gods-battling-on-earth scale of the fights.

Though the random, genetically engineered monster at the end was stale and kinda tired. So between that and Superman still giving zero fucks about collateral damage, even that was a little irritating.
    The music in BvS was disjointed, mixing whathisface's trad Hollywood score with Junkie XL's EDM-isms. Weirdly, I liked the EDM shit better. Maybe because I'm just so tired of people lazily rehashing John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith. Even so, the switching back and forth was jarring.
    I actually can't remember the last traditional Hollywood blockbuster score that was enjoyable and original.
    I'm feeling chatty today.
    Does Interstellar count as a blockbuster? I enjoyed that one quite a bit and had some non-trad ideas in it. Didn't really notice it until A_____ started playing the standalone soundtrack around the house.
    It does. I hated that movie so much, I might not have been in the best position to appreciate the score though.
    edited July 2016
    "We're losing seven years of our lives for every hour we spend here, but I feel like we should hang out and get some readings, just in case we want to live on angry tsunami planet."
    How was the adult weekend, capn?
    edited July 2016
    I actually can't remember the last traditional Hollywood blockbuster that was enjoyable and original.
    There, fixed.
    As my buddy Ajay put it, Portugal bored France into submission.
    I gotta say, it wasn't pretty, but they did what they had to do to win. Had they gone on the offensive without C. Ronaldo, I'm sure their asses would have gotten soundly kicked.

If everyone agrees that France had "the superior side", then Portugal had to adopt a strategy to win, and they did.
    By the way, Portugal played the Euro final in 2004 and they lost against Greece, who bored them into submission.