Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to tag Tripp Lamkins?

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,015
    God, and then we'll have to deal with the Clinton/Trump debates. That should be a hoot.
    I can't fathom how that will go. I mean, debating Trump? It's going to be a fact free shouting match. Debating wingnuts is a futile exercise in futility.
    edited July 2016
    OM fucking G! Tripp enjoyed the latest Star Trek movie. Now I have to check it out. :-B
    edited July 2016
    You know what worries me? The success of Bernie Sanders should have sent shock waves up and down the Dem party, especially because Sander's supporters overwhelmingly came from the next generation of voters.

See, I fear that the DNC and La Clinton have their heads so far up their asses that they won't realize what the Sanders campaign means, and that they will go back to their traditional attitude of "We won, screw you" towards the liberal base of the party...

Instead of listening to the liberal base that almost derailed La Clinton's coronation, I'm willing to wager good money that La Clinton and the DNC are now plotting how to join with "reasonable Republicans" to obtain happy united unity and thwart the "Trump wing" of the Republican party. It's just the kind of shit they're always trying to do.
    edited July 2016
    And now there has been a shooting in Munich. What the fuck man!
    edited July 2016
    So... Who's this Tim Kaine guy? Is he another schmiberal democrat?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,284
    You can learn all about him on the Internet!
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, but I would like to know what you guys think.
    According to german police, the suspect was an 18-year-old German-Iranian who acted alone, motives unclear.

And, according to bigoted ignoramuses on the internet: Isis, Isis, Isis. L-)
    He's a Virginia senator who is really tight with the Obama administration. I read that Wall Street likes him, so make of that what you will. He's at least 10 years younger than Clinton and speaks fluent Español. I don't think he's had too many scandals during his time in government - certainly not as many as Hillary.
    edited July 2016
    The Guardian calls him a "moderate" democrat, and says he has "bipartisan crossover appeal". His wikipedia page mentions he's against the death penalty but he oversaw eleven executions while governor.

I smell a spineless schmiberal democrat!

Great, by the looks of it, the dems have learned nothing: they're taking their liberal base for granted, and they're going for the elusive "moderate republican" voter. L-)

They're campaigning as if it's still the 90s, they don't seem to get that the electorate is polarized, and that whatever is left of the moderates and independents of yore don't vote.
    I'm afraid that the Dems will have to lose the election in order to "learn" anything.
    But Moe, Tim Kayne has a superpower: he speaks spanish! Oooooo! 8-|
    Lots of people in the world speak multiple languages, including most of the people this stuff is supposed to impress. I dunno, but not wanting to deport their families, that's the kind of stuff that might be a tad more impressive to them, eh?
    edited July 2016
    I'm afraid that the Dems will have to lose the election in order to "learn" anything.
    You know what they're gonna do? They're going to go for the elusive red state moderate voter and they are going to serve you, the lefties, with a relentlessly negative campaign, to insure that you're all scared shitless of Trump. It shouldn't be to hard, I mean, Trump scares me shitless!

It may work too! But it's going to be a grind, it's going to be sickening, and it will alienate an even bigger chunk of the population from politics.
    I'm thinking of canceling my Spotify account. I've gone from listening to mostly albums to listening mostly to album or band radio, and the radio algorithm sucks. Also, you can't create an eclectic blend of music since you can only base your station on 1 band, song, or album. Anyway, it's a big decision, yeah?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,507
    That was cool and interesting.
    I have been introduced to cool stuff using Spotify radio. I don't read music mags anymore which is how I used to learn about new stuff.
    One guy who's constantly popping up on my 'radio stations' is Mac DeMarco. He uses the same guitar sound on every song, and that guitar sound gets on my nerves.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,632
    "We won, screw you" towards the liberal base of the party...
    That is definitely how its hitting my ears right now. First Kaine and now Wasserman joining the Hillary campaign after getting ousted from the DNC.

Making it harder and harder to hold my nose and do the right thing.
    Why would Hillary or her people think that having Wasserman join them on the campaign would make for good optics? They are absolutely tone deaf.

I think she picked Kaine because he was the only veepstakes candidate who is less charismatic than she is.

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    yeah, I don't like Mac Demarco either. He used to pop up in one of my pandora stations. His guitar sound ( and overall sound really) really got n my nerves. It sounds like a sunny rainy day.

Works gong well. Too boring to report yet. But everyone who work there seems to be a musician and they have all been very welcoming to me. AND I know a few guys who work there.! That was cool. The Vinyl sde of things ( my fucking keyboard is crapping out and I'm tired of correcting so 'm leavin typos in) iscalled MPR Memphis Record Pressing. Everyone jokes it stands for Musicians Retirement Program. I was like Yep Thats me.
    I'm a bit overwhelmed now but everyone assures me I will get it. And they're 100% suppoertive.

The comute fucking sucks.
    How long is the commute and what time do you have to be there?