Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Look guys, every month that we delay this record, four more bands form named 'Home.'"

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,879
Hihooo!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,879
    edited September 2016
    Well, I'm back to work. Gave a new class today. This term, I'm giving one new class and one class I've given before. It's a bit of extra work, but I'll be making some extra money, which is cool.
    Went vinyl hunting after I was done working. Pretty good harvest: Elvis Costello's first record, Lets Active's Cypress, Incredible String Band's The Hangman's beautiful daughter, the newest records from Cate LeBon and Steve Gunn and a couple of ancient music LPs (if it has Jordi Savall in it, I buy it). Oh, and Neil Young's Live Rust.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,403
    edited September 2016
    My Aim Is True? Love that one. Steve Goulding from the Mekons on drums for at least some of it.
  • RIP, Lady Chablis. She's hiding her candy in heaven now.
  • All of those potential offers on my house vaporized. We have only seven days left on our contingency. Tilda wants to drop the price. I'm a ball of stress.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,400
    Aw man. Sorry. May the real estate gods be with you.
    You should at least offer a chicken or two in sacrifice to the gods of real estate.
    edited September 2016
    My Aim Is True? Love that one. Steve Goulding from the Mekons on drums for at least some of it.
    Yep, that one. It's a classic, so I had to have it. I found a cheap used copy at a newly opened record store. The guy didn't have much stuff yet, but he was playing Magma when I entered, he wasn't snooty (I can't stand snooty record store clerks) and the stuff he already had was cool, so I think I will visit again.

• The new Mekons record is one of their very best. This is the one they recorded in a single session, on a single mic, in front of a paying audience. The attendees rehearsed with them and then sang backing vocals, feral choir style.

The songs are great, too.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,600
    Wow, I can see how that could be offensive to some people.
    Wow, I can see how that could be offensive to some people.
    I dunno, I thought it was funny...
  • John Hinckley is being released after 35 years.

Mr. Hinckley, if you're reading this, I just want you to know how impressed Jodie Foster would be if you assassinated Donald Trump. Like for real, she would want to be your girlfriend so hard.
    Guffaw!
    Hey man, you're talking about the next leader of the free world.
    The new mix of The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl is pretty good, though all that screaming is still annoying.
    If one day I need to explain to my daughter how the whole world went mad after 9/11, I think I'll just show her the old Get your war on cartoons.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,403
    edited September 2016
    OK, I think we sold our house. I'm still a little irked because our agent's "negotiating skills" pretty much seem to consist of turning to us and saying "OMG you have to give them what they want or you could lose the deal!" And that probably cost us a few grand.

But at least it's over.
    Hooray!!!
    Financially stressed and now I have to go buy a shirt and tie to go with the suit I also had to buy. And I need to get more acidophilus before my stomach starts giving me problems. S_ _ _ quit her old job and got a new one, but she is going a month without a paycheck. I could use a Xanax or three about now.
    edited September 2016
    Operation Shirt and Tie Purchase was a success...I think. Lately when I've bought a shirt, either my wife or my sister recommends I not wear it again.
    So the rumors of HRC's ill health gained momentum today. She looked like she was nursing a bit of a hangover to me.
  • Hillary could have literally died today and I'd have still voted for her corpse over any of my other options.
    Huzzah for the Weber family! It was the chicken sacrifice to the gods of real estate that did it, wasn't it?
    Gossip is when you hear something you like about someone you don't.
    I gotta tell you, I'm sick of hearing about your stupid election. Can't they arm wrestle or something and be done with it? Albeit I'm not sure how La Clinton would deal with the Donald's tiny little hands.
    YAY HOUSE SALE!!

Moe, let's see the shirt. We all want to fashion police you.
    Watched S1E1 of Breaking Bad last night. I liked it. I think I'll continue with it. Seems like it has legs.
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I've heard of that show. I've been told it's good, but a bit on the violent side. And it has a lot of swearing, drugs and at no point does any character express a desire to protect the sanctity of heterosexual marriage, so beware!