Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No election banter on Crappity.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,878
I gotta tell you, I'm sick of your stupid election, and I'm not even american. I can't imagine how you guys must feel.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 4,878
    edited November 2016
    The first rule regarding the Clintons seems to be "We know the Clintons are guilty, the only question is what are they guilty of and when will we find the evidence."

However, I find it fascinating that the shit the Clintons are supposedly guilty of is trifling compared to the shit the Clintons are actually responsible for. I mean, they were involved with a good chunk of the US foreign policy of the last 30 years or so!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 2,400
    This is a very misleading thread topic.
    edited November 2016
    I don't know what you're talking about, Cap. :-@
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 3,403
    I could probably use some PMAs.

My favorite cousin, the one with health issues... her kidneys are failing now. So in addition to cancer treatment, she is going to be on dialysis for the rest of her life. (No way is she getting a second transplant in her condition.)

A revision to my company's web site has dropped lead quality and quantity at work substantially. Incomes are down about 25-40%.

Still haven't heard if the sellers are giving us an extension on the house we were going to buy.

We're broke. We were required by the terms of the previous sale to pay off the outstanding balance we had on a loan for a new furnace from a few years back. It wasn't supposed to be a big deal since we had the money from the first sale was supposed to be ours by yesterday. We also had to pay a year of insurance in advance for the new place. I may get that back, but I just don't know. for now, we are super duper fucking broke.

In the middle of all of this, we now have to get our house spic and span and perfect to sell again, despite having been 30% packed. We had to rent a storage unit and call friends over to move shit. But we're still not there yet. Tilda is having to take the day off to clean.

Also, the Cubs seem certain to lose the World Series. That shouldn't bother me enough to put it on a list with this other stuff, but holy shit, it really does.
    edited November 2016
    The thing that makes me most tired of this election isn't even the right wing or the Trumpsters anymore. They're awful, but they're consistently, predictably awful.

It's the fucking left wing clickbait fringe media that constantly swears "THIS IS THE THING THAT WILL DESTROY TRUMP ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

No, it's not. Trump could go on live tv right now, torturing a child and his followers would give zero fucks. Their ability to rationalize awful things he does and imagine horrible things Hillary could have done is exceedingly well-established right now.

They're fucking nuts. All we can do now is hope there are more of us than there are of them and that the morons in the middle happen to be blowing our way in a week. That's it.
    Jeff, sorry for your troubles. I wish I could help. But I can't, so PMAs going your way.
    Left wing clickbait media are as dependent on Trump outrageousness as Breibart and Fox.
    capn posted a good link on FB on which sites to block to stop that shit cold.
    Thanks. It's been heartening to see a number of my friends share that one and start their own discussions.
    edited November 2016
    Breaking news: local area man selling a guitar amp got contacted by yet another low baller.... 8-|
    HOW ABOUT THAT GAME SIX?

WOW!
    GO EXPOS!
    Well, I assume the Cubs did well. I'm happy for you!

(Really, I'm not being sarcastic: you seemed to be needing a little lift me up, Jeff)
    Facebooks forces an insurance company to pull plan to price car insurance based on posts

Little Brother is watching you, and he wants you to buy his shit.
    Game seven tonight between two teams that have gone a combined 176 years without a World Series. This is why you watch baseball. Holy crap.
    edited November 2016
    This is why you watch baseball.
    Me? But I don't watch baseball!
    I should have said this is why "people" watch baseball.
    This is why you SHOULD watch baseball.
    That grand slam gave me the old prickley skin like I haven't had almost all season.

Looking for a boisterous game tonight wherein the Cubs win.
    I should have said this is why "people" watch baseball.
    Are you implying that I am not "people"?
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
    edited November 2016
    Have you ever seen two cats that are in conflict but don't wanna fight? They move with infinite caution but, at the same time, they very deliberately pretend the other cat doesn't exist. That's how I'm behaving right now.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,600
    Sorry about your cousin, Jeff. That's horrible.

I'm sure the Cubs winning the World Series will add a little spring to your step.
  • I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin - that's so so sad. Sorry to hear things are still not resolved with the house (and money). Ugh. I wish I had a solution for ya...

Meantime, you sure looked happy in that vid Matilda shared on video, squealin' like a little girl lololol (j/k).

Yay, Cubs! That's a big lot o' nice news for ya!
  • (Still don't care about baseball at all. Only know because I was up late reading film scripts -- again, not fun to do after a full day of work -- and Twitter went BONKERS.)
  • Leaving for work now, at 9 a.m. I'm usually there by 8:30. whoooops. Yeah, so usually there 8:30-5:30... One of the reasons I'm so pissed at my coworkers are the jerks who show up at 10 or later, do nothing all day except talk about how much work they do, and leave before I do. And nobody does/say anything about it. (Not that I want to be a Nazi about it, but there are no "metrics" really for our performance.) I work my ass off while some of my coworkers spend the bulk of their day gossiping or going for smoke breaks? Ugh. I have many many many other complaints about this shitty job, but the lack of parity in work load and the completely delusional supervisors who believe when said co-workers claim to be "busy" are certainly among them.

So yeah, gonna show up late today. Fuck 'em.
    HI Karen!

Nice to talk to you.

And yeah, I'm having a pretty great day.
    Hi JSG! Screw those lazy fux. So you got some kinda square day job and freelance reading at night? Am I reading that right?
    What is your day job?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 1,600
    I remember thinking Trump was going to win the election. Then I thought Hillary was going to win. Now that the FBI has decided to influence the election, I'm back to thinking Trump is going to win. I hate this stoopid country.