Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Puppies and Kittens

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I love firing up the menorah!
    I thought of you when I saw that!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    SO WHATS EVERYBODY DOING THIS THANKSGIVING?!?!?!?!?!
    We've got the boys for the whole break, which is a singular bright spot in my mood this week.

Aaron and I have collaborated on a new script that we're going to be shooting this week.

He had a basic concept for a parallel universe story and asked me to write one of the worlds while he wrote the other so they would have two distinct feels.

Oh and hosting a 25 person thanksgiving feast etc etc, but whatever... making movies y'all.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    That all sounds great. Have fun.
    edited November 2016
    We'll be at our friends Rob and Sue's house with a mess of people. Should be fun.

In other news though, our bank informed us that our credit score dropped because we closed out an account, causing our rate for the reconfigured sale to be .5 higher.

That will cost us $29K over the life of the mortgage.

Why did we close an account? We paid off a loan on the furnace in our townhouse in full so we could close the sale. So we paid off a bill, had our credit lowered and will now lose $29K.

I fucking despise everything to do with this whole process.
    That is some rage worthy shit right there.
    How can your credit rating take a hit by paying something off? That makes no sense. Sounds like that industry could use some regulating.
    It's my fault. I showed my credit unreliability by PAYING A FUCKING BILL OFF.
    Ugh.

Sorry for the grar,

Here is a rabbit eating popcorn.

I haven't enjoyed Thanksgiving in years. It just seems to be a bunch of obligatory family gathering time. I'd rather just stay at home and read. Many people will be all about the Cowboys since they're winning again. I couldn't care less about the NFL at this stage of my life. People will also start talking about Trump which will just be depressing. There may be a closet Republican or two in the family, but mostly we're a bunch of lefties. There will be much hand-wringing and what if-ing.

Oh, there'll probably be a homemade butterscotch pie, so that's something good.
    Butterscotch Pie? Never had it. That sounds amazing.
    I try to avoid superlatives, but it has to be among the most amazing homemade pies I've ever gotten to eat. S_ _ _'s tried to make it a few times, but for some reason, she has never gotten it quite right.
    Does it have a whipped cream or meringue or whatever or is it just pie?

Honestly, I was Googling it just now... didn't even know that was a thing.
    What stuffing recipe do you folks use/prefer to eat?
    It's topped with whipped cream. I'll try to remember to post a photo.

I think I prefer dry stuffing. Honestly, I don't really enjoy "Thanksgiving food" all that much. I don't like sweet potatoes or cranberry sauce. I like turkey, but that's about it.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Sorry to all that have been having bad times. That makes no sense about your credit, Jeff. I would probably go postal when whoever informed me of that.

I love stuffing. My grandma's was the best. My mom gets close but it's not my grandma's. I like turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken and noodles...I also love butterscotch pie with meringue. Grandma made the best pies too. I'm going to my mom's with my boys, and my brothers and their families. My mom said she will get mad if politics are discussed. I'm fairly certain my brother and sis in law voted for Trump. No one else did but I think my other brother indirectly did by voting for Johnson. Didn't matter Indiana was the first state for Trump
    IMG_8304.JPG
    480 x 360 - 56K
    Oyster Dressing above. Dressing = Stuffing. That is just a pic of what ours looks like. I will try and remember to take a pic tomorrow.

I've been in a bad depression since August. Literally been sleeping since then or being a hermit. Been having bad anxiety attacks since the robbery and I have PTSD. Meds sometimes work sometimes not.

I want one of those Jewish pipes Dan posted
    Can you not write a book on here? The above posts were longer but condensed. Maybe it's my internet connection on my phone

Happy Thanksgiving - Thankful for your friendships whether in person or just on here
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    One of S___'s cousins kept responding to my anti-Trump posts on FB. Not even halfway interesting posts either. Just asking me 'why don't you think America is great?' kinda shit.. I unfriended him because I don't really even know the guy and he was getting on my nerves and I'm just tired of engaging with idiots.
    So he tells his parents that I've been posting hateful things on FB and word spread through that side of the family and finally got back to S___'s mom ( who is also a leftie) and I think she has come to my defense a little. Not that I care. But that's what got us out of having to do Thanksgiving with her family. Whew! Feel sorry for my mom-in-law though. Actually she loves a good political argument so I also feel sorry for the rest of the family.
    WE are about to head over to a friend's house for a small gathering which will include our young Iranian friends who love Metallica. So I'm gonna be sure to grab some fotos to share.. "Thanksgiving with Iranian Muslims! Fuck you everybody!"
    Happy Thanksgiving, Crappity!
    Hi, Kim!
    Ugh. I ate and drank too much. Mostly drank.
    Do you think Jill Stein's recount effort will amount to anything?
    Well whether it does or not, I kicked in $25.
    Hang in there, Tripp. I don't even know what to do with right wingers anymore. If you disagree with them, they say you're being hateful or disrespectful. Even though, one of their favorite things to complain about is "political correctness" or "safe spaces." What do you even do with people who think they should get to be racist and homophobic because of "free speech!" but get their feelings hurt when Starbucks' holiday cup isn't Christian enough.
    edited November 2016
    So... Who will be the next secretary of state? Giuliani or Romney?

I'm betting on Giuliani. I think they're going to choose the biggest asshole, and although Romney is an asshole, Giuliani is an even bigger asshole! Plus, it would really piss off the liberals, so bonus points, eh?