Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next time I'm just taking a few days off.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Good moaning!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    Holy shit, but the Melissa McCarthy-as-Sean-Spicer SNL bit was legit hilarious. Haven't laughed that hard at SNL in ages.
    Not sure if you can see that in Canuckistan.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Nope, but don't worry, that thing is all over the internets.
    I gotta tell you, that is not as funny as the real thing.
    edited February 2017
    300,000 people in Bucharest, Romania, light up their phones as a symbol of "shedding light on corruption"

https://imgur.com/MsOT65d
    edited February 2017
    I've been reading more and more about the situation in Romania these last week or so as it's really blowing up. Several major cities had protests this weekend, together as large as 3% of the nation's population. That would be like 10 million Americans in the street.

It's hard to wrap your head around because a) in Romania, the corrupt, racist assholes come from the left and b) the only "side" worth rooting for isn't a party, it's the people, backed by the judicial system, in their quest to wipe out rampant corruption.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    SNL was hilarious
    IMG_8964.PNG
    640 x 1136 - 785K
    Supercut of AC/DC song endings:

Talking to customer just now named Dave. He asked if I could get him $11000 of classes for less than 9K.

SO OF COURSE I SAID

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

And neither he nor anyone else laughed and I died a little inside.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Pearls before swine.
    edited February 2017
    "Legion," the new show on FX is really really good. Technically, it's a comic book show, X-Men spinoff, but not a word of that would prepare you for what it really is.

Basically, there's a guy named David who is some combination of mentally ill and superpowered. He might be entirely one and not at all the other (or the reverse), but with him being heavily medicated, having spent years in a psychiatric hospital that may or may not be a false front to manipulate him, and with his potential powers including the ability to alter reality, there is no way for him or the viewer to be sure.

Honestly, it's a show that if combined with hallucinogens could probably ruin someone.

it's great fun.
    The show is by Noah Hawley, who created the tv version of Fargo, if that gives you an idea of the quality of writing.
    In the pearls before swine category... I showed this to a bunch of people who I thought were geeks. Nothing.

edited February 2017
    I've been re-watching the first two seasons of Black Mirror with wifey, who wasn't familiar with the show. I haven't watched the third season yet.

We've just seen The Waldo Moment episode. Wifey was impressed by its prescience.
    Roy just turned one last month.

Did you know that there's a rumour going 'round that Sarah Palin is going to be the next Us ambassador to Canada?
    Did you know that there's a rumour going 'round that Sarah Palin is going to be the next Us ambassador to Canada?
    Plus side: that is one of the countries she can find on a map.
    What's the difference between Sarah Palin's mouth and her vagina?

Only some of the things that come of her vagina are retarded.
    Plus side: that is one of the countries she can find on a map.
    And you can actually see Canada from Alaska!
    Advance reviews say The Lego Batman Movie is basically an extended piss take on all of the grimdark/gothic pretensions that have ruined that property over the last few decades. That actually sounds good.
    SO WHAT IS EVERYBODY DOING THIS WEEKEND?
    My mom's newest FB post on her own wall says "Happy Birthday." To whom? No idea.

I love my mom.
    Merry Christmas!
    I've just seen the first episode of the third season of Black Mirror... It gave me flashbacks from my high-school days!