Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cobain... dead. Staley... dead. Weiland... dead. Cornell... dead.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Good morning! I'm feeling cheery today!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Now for the good news: Roger Ailes is dead, dead, dead!
    edited May 2017
    I wasn't a huge fan. Well, not true, I was a bigger fan when I was younger, I actually have Badmortorfinger and Superunknown. Actually, now that I think of it, I have Soundgarden to thank for steering my interest towards older bands that my snooty 18 year old ass had never heard, like Black Sabbath and Hawkwind.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    I hope Mark Arm is taking care of himself.
    I hope Rupert Murdoch isn't.
    edited May 2017
    I'm a little disappointed Ailes died after a fall, rather than by being eaten by rabid wolverines or some such.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    There are some people that make it very hard to obey the "don't speak ill of the dead" rule.
    edited May 2017
    Hey Eric, about that mixtape of yours (songs about music and musicians): Sultans of Swing by the Dire Straits.

I'm posting it here 'cause that's a guilty pleasure and I don't wanna mess up my cred. :-B
    Ha. Yes, that's a good one.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    edited May 2017
    I'm gutted by Chris Cornell. A big part of my youth and life. Music represents periods of my life like the soundtrack of my life. Depression is difficult no matter who you are or your circumstance in life
    Apparently, Joe "fopdoodle" Lieberman is being considered as FBI director!

Well, it figures.
    Cornell's family is saying he may have overdone his Atavan and been swamped by side effects.

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Nobody's happy. Everything sucks.

It's Friday! My weekend is going to be filled with lesson planning, laundry, time with Mom, and Saturday night date with S_ _ _.
    Final week of lesson plans are done, first load of laundry is done, and I'm way ahead of schedule. Sometimes I amaze myself with my lack of procrastination - even when I think I have 0 productive energy.
    Mindhorn over on the Netflix is pretty dang funny. Maybe it goes on a bit too long, but I laughed out loud a bunch.
    I've taken klonopin and currently take Xanax for anxiety and it's a side effect on both of those too. Actually it says that on my antidepressant too. I've been having a lot lately and once took 3 and it didn't make me feel different or high or anything. I've been told cutting them up like coke and snorting makes you high especially with alcohol. Nothing but meds for me though

I've read his bodyguard gave him 2 right after getting to his room. He was dead within 2 hours of coming off stage at 11:15. I think he got to his room around midnight and talked to his wife. Then she called his bodyguard and he kicked two doors down (hotel room door and bathroom) and found him at 12:35. Had an exercise band around his neck connected to one of those clips climbers use.
    Ativan is an old drug subscribed to people I assume it works for and have been on it a long time.

My dr. said it's highly addictive and that's why I'm on either klonopin or Xanax because it's not as addictive and I don't they the side effects are extreme
    the not they
    Klonopin is a bitch to get off of. I've tried a few times, but have yet to succeed. Even trying to ween myself off of them a little at a time wreaks havoc on my mental state. Last summer, I started by cutting back to 3/4 of a dose, and couldn't sleep more than a few hours a night for about 2 wks. I was down to about 1/2 of what I was taking (1 mg) and I was full of despair the majority of the time. Finally, S_ _ _ convinced (kinda begged) me to get back to my prescribed dosage.
    My dr. had me switch to Xanax when I got robbed at the ATM cause they react faster but Klonopin lasts longer . I didn't notice anything but I've had insomnia worse than ever?! Hmmm
    Is Scott working on anything these days? I was just listening to some early Grifters and Hot Monkey and I could go for some noisy Scott Taylor bedroom recordings.
    I think Tripp told me that Scott, Stan and him have jammed together some?! That was in Feb?
    I'm sure if you asked Scott, he'd be pleased to share whatever he's been working on.
    Hey guys, we're going to spend a few days in Toronto soon. Should we stay at the Trump Tower hotel?
    That's a joke, right?
    That's a joke, right?
    Well, if it isn't, it should be.
    Lou Reed was in a fairly serious relationship with a trans woman named Rachel for some time. She inspired much of the album Berlin.

Y'all probably knew that, but still, it bears mention, as it makes this entire thing silly.
    I watched the new season of Master of None this weekend and dug it. It plays like Louis with 90% of the ambition but twice the heart. It still surprises me how much Aziz has grown with his work.
    I liked the first season, didn't even realize there was a new one. Too much goddamned tv is being produced.
    Right after they wrap on the new Dark Crystal prequel series, I'm going to suggest that everyone just stop making tv for a while and let us catch up.